Bosch Charger Advice

iRider

Pedelecer
May 2, 2019
Wigan
Hi Guys,

We now have 2 different eBike, both Bosch systems. 1 has an in frame 500Wh Batter and a 36v/4amp charger, the other a rack mounted 300Wh battery and a 36v/2amp charger. Both chargers have the same plug at the battery end.

My question is this, can I just take the 36v/4amp charger with us when we go away in the Motorhome and use it to charge both batteries (separately of course). Or would the 4amp charger over charge the smaller battery, or damage it by charging it too fast?

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
Hi Guys,

We now have 2 different eBike, both Bosch systems. 1 has an in frame 500Wh Batter and a 36v/4amp charger, the other a rack mounted 300Wh battery and a 36v/2amp charger. Both chargers have the same plug at the battery end.

My question is this, can I just take the 36v/4amp charger with us when we go away in the Motorhome and use it to charge both batteries (separately of course). Or would the 4amp charger over charge the smaller battery, or damage it by charging it too fast?
Batteries do not like to be charged too fast, but only Bosch can answer your question 100% accurately. I personally prefer a 2 amp charger for any Li-ion battery....
But is a second charger such a problem to take with you?
If the one charger you take "dies" on you at the beginning (or middle) of your holiday, what will you do? Bosch chargers are expensive, doubly so on holiday possibly?
My advice is to take both, then both bikes can be charged at the same time.
If only one, take the two amp charger (I am assuming both batteries are 36 volt).
I hope this helps you to come to your own decision.
regards
Andy

D

Deleted member 25121

Hi Guys,

You can use the 4A charger on both batteries, this is the Bosch battery guide which clearly shows that this is safe, see pages 24 to 26:

Reactions: iRider

iRider

Pedelecer
May 2, 2019
Wigan