Bosch dongle - free to good home

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Now I have my shiny new compact dongle, would someone on here like the old one?

It's true I couldn't get it to work, but the little LED in the dongle flashed as the magnet went past so it might be salvageable.

Before we gave up on it, the supplier Badass said the LED was behaving as it should.

There's a little screwed lid on the dongle which means it's easy to get at the circuitry.

It will post easy enough in the jiffy bag in the pic.

Old dongle.jpg

countryman663

Pedelecer
Apr 11, 2013
NWest Lake District
If no one else has been interested in this Rob I would like to see if in can reverse engineer it to see which components it uses etc. I will then post a list and as much other detail as I can. let me know if you think this is OK and I will send you contact details in a private message. keep us informed how the latest version performs
Thanks
C663
(it is good to hear about the level of support you have had. given my experience with electrifying cycles, who have also been outstanding with their advice and support, it seems the ebike world is generally mostly made up of good guys!)

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
If no one else has been interested in this Rob I would like to see if in can reverse engineer it to see which components it uses etc. I will then post a list and as much other detail as I can. let me know if you think this is OK and I will send you contact details in a private message. keep us informed how the latest version performs
Thanks
C663
(it is good to hear about the level of support you have had. given my experience with electrifying cycles, who have also been outstanding with their advice and support, it seems the ebike world is generally mostly made up of good guys!)

Countryman,

Have the dongle by all means - ping me an address to send it to.

If you can extract some info out of it which could be useful to other members, fine, but don't feel under any pressure to do so.

I think you are right about ebike - and ordinary bike - folk being generally nice guys, but the customer has a lot to do with it.

Badass sent me the dongle 'on invoice', ie trust.

To reciprocate, I sent the money back on the same day the package/invoice arrived, even though that meant some messing around in the bank making a euro transfer.

Paying promptly must have got me off on the right foot with Badass, and may have made them more inclined to try harder when things went wrong.

I've seen a few stories on here where the customer, although 'in the right', has done himself no favours by the way in which he has approached the supplier.

jackhandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 20, 2012
the Cornish Alps
I've seen a few stories on here where the customer, although 'in the right', has done himself no favours by the way in which he has approached the supplier.
Absolutely - A pleasant, but firm, first contact when things go belly up generally works for me.

Advertisers