Bosch eBike Diagnostic Software for sale

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Bosch don't run courses for business users for no reason. It's all well and good buying that kit, but you/anyone outside of the trade would very quickly be stuffed to know how to use it.
It's a worthless bit of kit, without correct training and direct telephone contact with Bosch support.

Reactions: Audio2

nhoj

Finding my (electric) wheels
Nov 2, 2014
Boash have gone to extreme lengths to ensure that the user has no control over e-bikes. It is not to the users advantage. Its designed for cash generation of dealers and in fact means that although you think you own your e-bike, you don't. That is not to say I do not love my e-bike, best thing since the bicycle was invented.

Reactions: icecool

nhoj

Nov 2, 2014
Bosch don't run courses for business users for no reason. It's all well and good buying that kit, but you/anyone outside of the trade would very quickly be stuffed to know how to use it.
It's a worthless bit of kit, without correct training and direct telephone contact with Bosch support.
I am sure you are right. It must be far more complex than installing an app on a phone, upgrading the complete operating platform on a computer or re-tuning a television. I have to ask my ten year old son to do these things.

stumpy150

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 9, 2015
Yorkshire
it would be good to be able to connect the bike to the internet / back to Bosch in order to obtain diagnostics..Possibly save a long journey to a dealers to be told it just needs re-setting, which could be done remotely ???

Some car / motorcycle manufacturers are considering this option...

Lexus and the premier car brands do this as standard.

nhoj

Nov 2, 2014
it would be good to be able to connect the bike to the internet / back to Bosch in order to obtain diagnostics..Possibly save a long journey to a dealers to be told it just needs re-setting, which could be done remotely ???

Some car / motorcycle manufacturers are considering this option...

Lexus and the premier car brands do this as standard.
A CD that would reset back to the setup, as it was when new is all that is needed.

Steve A

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2016
Ashford, UK
Don't blame Bosch for protecting their investment hardware, but not sure we should kid ourselves that this software update business is any different or technical to updating your Garmin you plug into your pc.

Bosch have to make process easy for dealers/ users of all different abilities.

mike killay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 17, 2011
Don't blame Bosch for protecting their investment hardware, but not sure we should kid ourselves that this software update business is any different or technical to updating your Garmin you plug into your pc.

Bosch have to make process easy for dealers/ users of all different abilities.
After the VW debacle, I don't trust German manufacturers when it comes to electronics.

Madfrog

Just Joined
Mar 6, 2019
OK, so every one likes to push the limits from time to time.
We all have a bit of Hot rodders in us.
But let me say this: Bosch, IMO, sensibly have made the speed regulation for pedelecs in the UK a secure setting that only manufactures can change.
Even us dealers cant change it by more than 5%.
And you know what...?
GOOD !

I live in Oxford where the cycle population density is huge, and the number of inexperienced, intoxicated, 1 handed phone call, no handed, red light jumping, don't look before turning, no lights, rubbish brakes etc etc etc cyclists (yup.. students) is enough to make any insurance company cringe !

Now Im an avid E-biker, Im pro bicycles b4 cars, but I see every day why motorists get sick and tired of bad cycle practise.

So add to this the possibility of them riding about uninsured on E-bikes at plus 20mph, its just going to be disaster for ;
the riders,
the motorists,
the insurers.
..and THINK about this.....also our current unregulated freedom to ride E-bikes at 16mph with currently absolutely no restrictions !

So next time you are E-biking easily up a hill, or against a head wind at 16mph on the public highway, just consider how lucky we are, and also if its worth sacraficing this freedom for another 4 or 5 mph .

I might add, don't waste your time buying unlicensed 'Ebay Bosch' diagnostic software.
With out the training or passwords and dongles for access to their diagnostic services, its useless.