Bosch Motor Derestriction

• Thread starter Deleted member 4366
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 4366

No need for dongles to derestrict the latest Bosch Performance CX systems. The trick with a magnet on the inside of the pedal and the sensor turned around and moved up the chainstay works again. The only problem is that your speed display is related to your cadence instead of speed.

This video shows what to do. It's in German, but all you need is the pictures. I wouldn't use such a big magnet. A thinner one would be better as long as it's strong enough to work the sensor. Thin ones stack together, so you can add them in until it's strong enough.

nemesis

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 14, 2011
It doesn`t work,well to be honest it does for about 10 seconds then shuts down in error mode,i have tried it on the CX Bosch 2016 and 2017 model motors.

chris_n

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 29, 2016
Niedeau, Austria
It's fine on my 2016 Yamaha. Can't see why I would need to spend money on a dongle when I use my phone to log everything from heart rate to speed anyway, just put it on the bars wherevyou can see it.

chris_n

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 29, 2016
Niedeau, Austria
The sensor is held on with a tight fitting neoprene chainstay protector. If I remember correctly there may be a tywrap under there as well.
To be honest I don't know why I have left it like that, where I usually ride it is of little use as it is usually 10% + up or down so 25kmh isn't applicable in either case.

Advertisers