Bosch Nyon

Derek M Walshaw

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 25, 2016
Hi all, a simple question. Is it worth spending the money to upgrade from the Intuvia to the Nyon. It would be used mainly for the sat nav. How do the maps for the UK compare to using a Galaxy S7 with ViewRanger and the OS 1:25 maps.
Cheers

Reactions: Gubbins

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
  • Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

Dixxy

Just Joined
Feb 18, 2016
1:25000 on viewranger is tons better
the nyon give you no info on type of road or path. no gradient info. none of the extra info you get on OS maps like fences, local features etc. Its a car satnav basically. ok for road rides

Derek M Walshaw

Jan 25, 2016
Thank all for your replies The only full reviews of Nyon are on You Tube and not one in English. You can buy all 1:25 OS maps for all the UK from The Viewranger web site for £200 The Viewranger app is free. Or Buy credits and download and save just the tiles you need.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
its to big costs a fortune works if ur lucky updates are a nightmare at best, any free sat nav on a smart phone is way better.

and dont forget no support from bosch at all ;)

buy a garmin ;)

clintyboy12

Mar 25, 2016
I got the nyon as an upgrade on my bike, managed to get it discounted against the cost of the bike so in effect ended up costing £200.
Maps are pretty good though not all kept on device, you synch the ones you are likely to need. Quite like the premium option to show typographic distance of the battery.
Having only 3 route calculation modes is a bit annoying but at least it does take you on actual cycle paths, even to the point of showing you which side of the road it is on when not on the road.
I like the connectivity options for smartphone, heart rate bands etc, thinking about getting one of those next. Just think a bit more development is needed such as being able to define additional route options (eg shortest, off road etc) and better options for the smartphone companion app to put on an equal footing with the Web portal. Currently some things you can only do with the Web portal which seems silly because it connects directly to your phone!
Would say it's a lot of money if you already have a bike with intuvia and looking to buy off the shelf but if you can get it discounted with a new bike then get one!

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Reactions: LeighPing

paul20v

Pedelecer
Nov 18, 2015
I had nyon on my bike standard ,
The best upgrade i made was putting on intuvia
Nyon is over priced and definately oversized .

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
I do complain about the Nyon but I have no problems with the size. When my preferred screen stays put I quite like it, but it will go wondering through the other screens I have no use for. And now there is an additional screen, can't make out out what it's supposed to do, never seems to change but then would have to wear my reading glasses. Not something I want to do when on a bike.

Related Articles

Advertisers