Bosch Peformance Motor & Nuvinci n360 Transmission

Axendel

Just Joined
Jan 16, 2020
Hi All,

First thread so apologies if any missing pieces!

I have a Cube 2017 SUV Race 500 hybrid that has encountered some recent concern when travelling up any incline.

The display clearly shows the various modes - Off, Eco, Tour, Sport and Turbo - of which I have been using Tour for general riding and Sport for uphill bouts. Recently however I am finding that the motor is putting out some major resistance when going up even slight hills, reducing the overall speed to 8mph with what I can only describe as the feeling of being in top gear if on a road bike.

I have taken the model to the workshop from where I purchased it and whilst it had software updates and a misaligned sensor (now corrected) the issue persists. Diagnostics told them I mainly use eco and tour settings (I've only used eco once, so am sceptical of this diagnostic reading) and they have told me that Bosch may dismiss any repair claim as there's no error codes.

What I am suspecting is that the motor may be irrelevant and that the automatic transmission may be the root cause. The model has a NuVinci n360, and if sommething were amiss, then this would align with the feeling of being in top gear all the time.

I am curious if anyone has experienced a similar issue, or can provide any advice as at the moment am struggling for guidance.

D

Deleted member 25121

Do you still see the problem after you've changed down into the lowest gear?

Axendel

Just Joined
Jan 16, 2020
There isn't any control of the gears themselves, the lowest output mode on the motor is all that I can control and that has the same feeling as the motor being off altogether.

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
I think your problem is the Harmony electronic control system for your NuVinci hub, which I beleive is somehow integrated into the Bosch system, so your dealer should be able to help. I seem to remember reading somewhere it has a 4 year warranty on it. You could try contacting NuVinci direct to confirm this.
Have a read of this old thread.

Last edited:

Advertisers