Bosch performance CX wont power up

Szekelyh

Just Joined
May 12, 2019
5 days ago my Intuvia showed an error message i cant recall (maybe 530) :( and stopped powering the bike... after restart it showed 2 bars and was working again... then some minutes later battery was blinking and no power, it repeated the same cycle 3 times, then no more power... at home i removed the battery and placed in again, then plugged in the charger and tried the bike, it was working.... yesterday wanted to go out for a ride, but it was not working..... when i switch on the intuvia, it wont show the performance CX message but showing battery as full... when i plug in the charger, sometimes it shows blinking battery sometimes fully charged one...remaining distance is not shown though.... i cleaned all connection but still no luck.... i hope its not a BMS failure....
Any idea?

Video:
Charging

Picture:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
if it has warranty id take it back to the dealer and see what they can find out with the bosch software.

you can hold the batt power button for 5sec and that will reset the bms.

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
5 days ago my Intuvia showed an error message i cant recall (maybe 530) :( and stopped powering the bike... after restart it showed 2 bars and was working again... then some minutes later battery was blinking and no power, it repeated the same cycle 3 times, then no more power... at home i removed the battery and placed in again, then plugged in the charger and tried the bike, it was working.... yesterday wanted to go out for a ride, but it was not working..... when i switch on the intuvia, it wont show the performance CX message but showing battery as full... when i plug in the charger, sometimes it shows blinking battery sometimes fully charged one...remaining distance is not shown though.... i cleaned all connection but still no luck.... i hope its not a BMS failure....
Any idea?

Video:
Charging

Picture:
View attachment 30280
If you have still got guarantee, then take it back, but it may be a problem you might have caused.
Assuming for a moment that the battery is a Li-ion, they do not like being taken below a certain minimum voltage. Once that has happened, they will not charge further....
A good bike shop will be able to"recover" the battery with a zero volt charger.
You could check the battery voltage yourself, and let us know here, and the nominal voltage of the battery, and we could tell you if that is the problem or not.
Its also possible that a cell or cells are damaged....
You could remember to tell us all far more when posting a problem...It makes finding a fix easier and quicker!!
For a battery, the actual voltage and the nominal voltage, age, guarantee still or not, average usage etc etc etc....
regards
Andy

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
Unfortunately out of warranty :( i have tried resetting it but has not helped :(
Sounds like the battery has gone into what I call "hibernation". You need to meaure the actual voltage and tell me,plus the NOMINALvoltage and what type of battery it is and how old it is...
regards
Andy

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i would take it to a bike shop that has access to the bosch software and get a diagnostic report and see if that shows a fault with the batt ect as if the bms is shot then you will have to buy a new batt as fixing the bms is not a option.

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
i would take it to a bike shop that has access to the bosch software and get a diagnostic report and see if that shows a fault with the batt ect as if the bms is shot then you will have to buy a new batt as fixing the bms is not a option.
But they can be replaced for around 20 UK Pounds, plus labour.
regards
Andy

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
But they can be replaced for around 20 UK Pounds, plus labour.
regards
Andy
bosch dont sell the bms you cant just buy one and stick it in the pack as the motor will not turn on as it needs to communicate with the bms.

if you recell the pack the bms must not loose power otherwise it will brick it and not turn back on and only bosch can re programme it.

jimmy might be able to save it tho:)

D

Deleted member 25121

Error code 530 indicates "battery error" and Bosch advise: "Switch off the eBike, remove the eBike battery pack and reinsert the eBike battery pack. Restart the system. If the problem persists, contact your Bosch eBike dealer. ". You've obviously tried than.

A couple of thoughts:
1. Was the video taken when the charger was connected? If so, what is shown on the Intuvia and battery pack with the charger disconnected?

2. What is shown when you then turn the pedals to operate the motor?

3. Have you tried charging the battery when it's not connected to the bike?

Unfortunately it's not possible to measure the battery pack voltage on its pins since it needs to be in communication with the controller before it powers up fully.

As soundwave suggests, your best option is probably to visit a bike shop with the necessary Bosch hardware, software and dongle. The problem is probably with the battery pack but it could be elsewhere.

Szekelyh

Just Joined
May 12, 2019
Error code 530 indicates "battery error" and Bosch advise: "Switch off the eBike, remove the eBike battery pack and reinsert the eBike battery pack. Restart the system. If the problem persists, contact your Bosch eBike dealer. ". You've obviously tried than.

A couple of thoughts:
1. Was the video taken when the charger was connected? If so, what is shown on the Intuvia and battery pack with the charger disconnected?

2. What is shown when you then turn the pedals to operate the motor?

3. Have you tried charging the battery when it's not connected to the bike?

Unfortunately it's not possible to measure the battery pack voltage on its pins since it needs to be in communication with the controller before it powers up fully.

As soundwave suggests, your best option is probably to visit a bike shop with the necessary Bosch hardware, software and dongle. The problem is probably with the battery pack but it could be elsewhere.

D

Deleted member 25121

Thanks all for your replies, i took it to the bosch service and they told me cable at battery hadvto be replaced. They told me its all ok now...
Thanks for getting back to us with the outcome, in the future others might find this information useful.

• Agree
Reactions: EddiePJ