Bosch Performance Line CX Error 500 - Terminal.

robinsok

Just Joined
Jan 28, 2020
Gutted. Just been told that the Bosch eBike Systems motor on my 2016 Haibike UK Xduro Nduro Pro is dead - Error Code 500 - after only 600 miles. Of course it's out of warranty as I bought the bike September 2016, but 600 miles is not a great lifespan for any kind of motor! It's been regularly serviced and well maintained, never jet washed. Perhaps these motors just are not up to the rigours of mountain biking, which considering it's mounted into a 180mm travel enduro frame, you would expect it to be! The team at Electric Bikes Sussex have been very helpful, but not much more they can do.

Anyone have any experience with out of warranty replacement of Bosch motors?

Attachments

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Last edited:
Reactions: robinsok

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
Try performance line bearings (https://www.performancelinebearings.com/contact/) and see if they have any suggestions. (I've never tried them but have seen several recommendations)

Whoops, noticed this is effectively a repeat of soundwaves post: I hadn't looked closely enough at his reference.

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
The team at Electric Bikes Sussex have been very helpful, but not much more they can do.
Have they offered to send the motor away to at least get a repair quote?

I understand they won't have a clue about the motor themselves, but there is now a route to Bosch service via Magura in the UK.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
error 500 is internal motor fault so would be classed as non fixable and new motor required its why the shops have the software.

it could be just some corrosion on the pcb that needs cleaning of but unless you open it to see what state it is in inside could be anything.

peter is bosch certified but he cant buy new pcb controllers as bosch dont sell them to anyone bit like apple.

Reactions: Bearing Man

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Reactions: Bearing Man

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
Gutted. Just been told that the Bosch eBike Systems motor on my 2016 Haibike UK Xduro Nduro Pro is dead - Error Code 500 - after only 600 miles. Of course it's out of warranty as I bought the bike September 2016, but 600 miles is not a great lifespan for any kind of motor! It's been regularly serviced and well maintained, never jet washed. Perhaps these motors just are not up to the rigours of mountain biking, which considering it's mounted into a 180mm travel enduro frame, you would expect it to be! The team at Electric Bikes Sussex have been very helpful, but not much more they can do.

Anyone have any experience with out of warranty replacement of Bosch motors?
They seem to have quite a bad name in Germany, the internet has quite a few "moaners", but I have not actually counted them....... mainly plastic gear damage if I remember correctly.
That and the price new put me right off them.
The few people I know with them, seem to be OK and have few problems, though some need two or three chains a year apparently....they wear quickly....
I hope that you are able to get it fixed soon....
regards
Andy