Bosch Powerpack 400 losing capacity

georgehenry

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2015
Surrey
Based on my mileage and the way my battery has retained its capacity I do not think I have done it too much harm.

Though for longer periods of inactivity I may now store in a room where the ambient temperature is cooler.

it is i footpump

Pedelecer
Jul 6, 2018
my 2016 bosch ktm with 400w battery (ex dem ) has not done much milage, as the 2 year warrenty runs out may 2019, I have been using the bike a lot more.
bike is kept indoors, from a full charge back in the summer did a hilly ride sport & turbo 30 miles 2 bars remaining on battery,
I find the first bar goes out about the 12 mile mark.

the last month a m8 and I have done 4 similar journeys with a slight variation in the route 25-30 miles I normally have 2 bars on battery left sport /turbo used slightly hilly .

last week outward journey was ok but cold weather/return journey the wind had picked up a lot and was very blustery using turbo I only had one bar left when I got home 30 miles in total covered. this is the lowest battery level has gone in the 1000 miles I have now covered.

my other ebike has 10ah battery and seems to lose about 9 miles of range in cold weather, compared to same route in summer

I reset milage to zero before a trip, I don't tend to take much notice of predicted range, and tend to recharge when I drop to one bar remaining.