Bosch Purion Display Issues

DIG

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 8, 2018
preston
Has anyone stripped a Purion display to clean the + and - button contacts.
Mine seem a little temperament with a very small sweet spot, impossible to maintain contact in walk mode.
Bosch say take to dealer to run tests/replace.... not very helpful.

No obvious screws or ways to split the unit. Bezel can be purchased, so perhaps the way in is under that??
Just hoping someone else has found a way in before I start prying things apart.

Any help appreciated.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
if you have warranty id not touch it and send it back but if not it does look like the front plastic bezel might be hiding some screws but you might brake some tabs removing it if you are not careful

there are also 3 screws on the back but might be another where it claps on to the handle bar so also check that.

MikeS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 29, 2018
I too find the walk mode intermittent. Have to keep thumb pressed hard continuously - which is difficult up a steep rocky track. (BTW the other annoying thing is that usually immediately before you need to use walk mode you will have been riding difficult terrain which means you will be in a low gear, and this means walk mode will be slow slow you don't even think it's working)
Mike

DIG

Jan 8, 2018
preston
Just out of warranty unfortunately. Yes I agree with the walk mode, good idea in principle but not thought through.

MarcusT

Pedelecer
May 5, 2019
NE Italy
Perhaps it's not the contacts. In walk mode, the button needs to be pressed continually, but also if you strike the pedal it turns off and you have to re-press.
I know it has turned off on me a number of times, I too thought this problem, until I started to watch for button pressing and hitting the pedal with my leg/foot.
In the end it was me

Reactions: ebiker99 and MikeS

DIG

Jan 8, 2018
preston
Sorry but for clarification the issue is not holding the + button for walk mode. I know this is a general issue with people, but my problem is erratic + and - buttons causing no change in power mode or skipping two modes. Can be in tour mode and press - to drop to Eco but find myself turned off!

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
you could try and spray some of this in the buttons but will do a better job if you can get at the pcb inside.

MarcusT

Pedelecer
May 5, 2019
NE Italy
Sorry but for clarification the issue is not holding the + button for walk mode. I know this is a general issue with people, but my problem is erratic + and - buttons causing no change in power mode or skipping two modes. Can be in tour mode and press - to drop to Eco but find myself turned off!
The reason I hesitate on the contacts, is that I believe the wires are permanently connected to the unit, unlike a normal bike computer which is removable. If there is a contact problem, it is most likely in the motor unit where the computer plugs in. There are also button batteries (2016) in the unit. Maybe they have lost their charge.
Anyway, hope for the best. Let us know how it works out

Related Articles

Advertisers