Bosch purion display

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
try it but it looks like thats for a dongle fitted to it so might not give you the option to change it in the display if one is not also fitted.

why do you need to change the wheel size ?

Jowwy

Pedelecer
Jul 20, 2018
try it but it looks like thats for a dongle fitted to it so might not give you the option to change it in the display if one is not also fitted.

why do you need to change the wheel size ?
Because I'm using 650Bs with horizon 47mm tyres and not 29er wheels with 2.25 tyres fitted

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
only option i can see is get the dealer to set the wheel size with the bosch software.

or use the older intuvia display as you can set the wheel size with that then refit the purion display.

there is a software mode but it only shows the firmware installed and you can change the display lighting up and down.

hold - + and push the power button and the same to get out of it.

Jowwy

Pedelecer
Jul 20, 2018
only option i can see is get the dealer to set the wheel size with the bosch software.

or use the older intuvia display as you can set the wheel size with that then refit the purion display.

there is a software mode but it only shows the firmware installed and you can change the display lighting up and down.

hold - + and push the power button and the same to get out of it.
Based in Wales, had my bike mail order from wheelbase, don't know if there's a Bosch dealer locally who can do it for me.

Either that or sell all my 650s and replace with 29ers..........

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
dongle it and forget about it ;)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
but with no speed limit you can run what you like wheel wise plod is not going to give a crap and a dealer will prob charge 40 quid just to change the wheel size settings anyway.

mine has been on since 2014 ;)

Jowwy

Pedelecer
Jul 20, 2018
but with no speed limit you can run what you like wheel wise plod is not going to give a crap and a dealer will prob charge 40 quid just to change the wheel size settings anyway.

mine has been on since 2014 ;)
I have numerous sets of 29 or 650 wheels........I'm not going to deresrict it as I have no need to. I can pedal it at 27mph on the flat without issue, I just need help on the climbs, breaking the law ain't my thing.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
I have numerous sets of 29 or 650 wheels........I'm not going to deresrict it as I have no need to. I can pedal it at 27mph on the flat without issue, I just need help on the climbs, breaking the law ain't my thing.
so why even change the wheel size in the first place lol.

Jowwy

Pedelecer
Jul 20, 2018
so why even change the wheel size in the first place lol.
Cause I got slicks on the 650s and MUDs on the 29s and I was commuting on tarmac I wanted to use 650s and when winter comes I can change back to 29s with MUDs..............but as I can't do that now I'll just get a set of bigger slicks for the 29s

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
just swap the wheels over as it wont make that much difference you will just get the wrong speed on the display.

as long as that magnet passes the rear sensor it wont matter much.

Jowwy

Pedelecer
Jul 20, 2018
just swap the wheels over as it wont make that much difference you will just get the wrong speed on the display.

as long as that magnet passes the rear sensor it wont matter much.
That's what I'm getting.....faster speed on the purion compared to the garmin on my stem

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
tbh i dont even bother to look at mine speed wise if i wanted that id get a garmin.

MikeS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 29, 2018
I have my iphone running copilot on the bars and on both the Crossfire (Suntour) and the Crossfuse (Bosch) the speed indicated seems to be 10 to 15% higher than copilot is telling me.
Mike