Bosch Sport Mode not working

Slimesub5

Just Joined
Dec 1, 2021
Hi,
Has anybody had an issue where all of the modes work apart from 1, in this case Sport Mode.
Initially it was sport and turbo not working, I took the intuvia head unit off and put it back on and the Turbo started working. This may be a coincidence.
The displays shows as in Sport mode, but I get no assistance and the display does not show any assistance.

Any help appreciated.
Thanks

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
how old is it as they have a internal rechargeable batt and they tend to die around 2-3 years old but it could also be a connection problem so clean all the contacts on the holder and the bottom of the display and see if that makes any difference.

Slimesub5

Just Joined
Dec 1, 2021
how old is it as they have a internal rechargeable batt and they tend to die around 2-3 years old but it could also be a connection problem so clean all the contacts on the holder and the bottom of the display and see if that makes any difference.
Hi, thanks for reply.
I’ve cleaned the contacts with isopropyl alcohol, no difference.
I’ve also tried charging the head unit via the micro usb but it just lights up, nothing to show it’s charging. Still no difference to sport mode!

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
sounds like the batt has had it they tend to go mental when the batts get low or wont charge anymore.

you can get a replacement batt but you have to solder it to the pcb.

tbh i dumped that thing years ago and use a purion display

Slimesub5

Just Joined
Dec 1, 2021
sounds like the batt has had it they tend to go mental when the batts get low or wont charge anymore.

you can get a replacement batt but you have to solder it to the pcb.

tbh i dumped that thing years ago and use a purion display
Many thanks for your help.

I have now substituted a known working head unit and the sport mode still doesn’t work!

GLJoe

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 21, 2017
UK
Hi,
Has anybody had an issue where all of the modes work apart from 1, in this case Sport Mode.
is it actually 'sport' or is your bike programmed to have 'EMTB' mode ?

is it a new bike? did you get a firmware update? was it working before ??

More background info would be good!

Slimesub5

Just Joined
Dec 1, 2021
Hi sorry yes more info!
Just got the bike second hand. Not sure of age or if firmware has been updated.
How do I know if I have Emtb mode?
How do I check the current firmware?
It says sport on the display ….
Thanks again for any help.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
it will say emb on the display instead of sport but but if you aren't getting any error codes then the best option is to get it to a bosch dealer and get the motors firmware updated and run a diagnostic report.

Advertisers