Bosch Walk Assist @ Dealers

SRS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 30, 2012
South Coast
I have two classic Bosch MTB's. Put simply the walk assist on both do not assist.

Both assists worked great in the shop at time of purchase but I also need them to work outside as well.

Is there a single dealer in the world that can explain how to use this feature to walk the bike up a muddy offroad hill?

I've paid for this facility, how do I use it. I am assuming that it is actually supposed to assist when walking up a hill.

If you cannot supply the required information to get these working, which of you can be bothered to get a definitive answer / solution direct from Bosch.

Input from anyone and not just dealers appreciated. I'd really like to hear from anyone who has a working system.

Thanks SRS

Reactions: Gubbins

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
On my Grace it was not connected but is on the Delite. But when trying to gain something from it on steep gradients I find it is as good as useless.
It has been commented on before on here, I feel it's not worth pursuing.

SRS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 30, 2012
South Coast
On my Grace it was not connected but is on the Delite. But when trying to gain something from it on steep gradients I find it is as good as useless.
It has been commented on before on here, I feel it's not worth pursuing.
You are right, it has been mentioned before and probably not worth pursuing.

I just feel that Bosch have had enough time to fix this and would really like an answer. After all, why is the button there if they never intended it to work?

I can understand that on road it would not generally be requied but offroad it would be of great benefit in the winter.

Anyway, I figure it can't hurt to find out which dealer can give me the time of day on this one.

SRS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 30, 2012
South Coast
Hi Ian,

I did offer a software update a while back, that could possibly 'up the anti' on your walk assist.

Here ready and waiting for you when you are next over. Drop me an email. As one of my customers, software updates are free :)

Martin
Hi Martin

You did and I do remember, this post is no reflection any way of your service. Having spoken to various users, some who have had a software upgrade, they still do not have a satisfactory system.

Would you be willing to bet 3 gallons of diesel on the upgrade giving me a totally usable walk assist?

This issue aside the bikes been great and I will call up to see you at some point whatever.

Good to see that you are still on the ball, the only dealer that I have come across that txts a customer back on a Sunday.

SRS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 30, 2012
South Coast
A cappuccino is always welcome.

I still challenge you or any other dealer to give a definitive explanation as to how this walk facility is supposed to perform.

You are representatives of Bosch so I do no see why you are all so elusive.
At the end of the day, it is meant to work, or it is not. Who can give the the answer?

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Walk assist works on the Rose, but it is quite weak,

I do use it when I put the bike away.

My secure storage area is up over a couple of steps though a narrow door.

Easiest way is for me to lead the bike in, walking backwards in front of it.

That little bit of power to the rear wheel does make things easier.

My application is unusual, and I agree the walk function doesn't do a lot on a steep hill.

Apart from anything else, the pedals turning under power are real shin scrapers.

Walk assist must work through the gears, but I've not noticed much difference using different ratios.

Geebee

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 26, 2010
Australia
It is silly that they can't get that programmed correctly, just set it to slowly ramp up to the set speed and keep adding power until it gets there, the same as a person does using a throttle to walk along side.

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
The Koga E Special also has a reverse to the walk assist. That's very handy when manoeuvring into sheds etc. more than you would realise.