BPM Battery dilemma

dbar

Pedelecer
Nov 17, 2013
I have very recently bought a bike fitted with a 500 watt BPM motor (code 12).It came with a KU123 controller and a set of dodgy looking lipos with a rats nest of wiring. No LCD screen , no brake cutoffs , no PAS and only the throttle to vary speed/power.After being the owner of an Oxydrive cst Bafang I was expecting the same but with a bit more oomph.What's the best option? Just get a new battery and live with it or go for akit minus the motor.

selrahc1992

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 10, 2014
I have very recently bought a bike fitted with a 500 watt BPM motor (code 12).It came with a KU123 controller and a set of dodgy looking lipos with a rats nest of wiring. No LCD screen , no brake cutoffs , no PAS and only the throttle to vary speed/power.After being the owner of an Oxydrive cst Bafang I was expecting the same but with a bit more oomph.What's the best option? Just get a new battery and live with it or go for akit minus the motor.
This
https://bmsbattery.com/ebike-kit/721-s12sn-1000w-40a-torque-simulation-sine-wave-controller-ebike-kit.html?search_query=controller&results=142
And an LCD from BMS too,altogether about 30 pounds

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
dbar if you still own the Oxydrive , give Andrew a call and see if you can buy just the base /cradle with the integral controller and use the battery you already have. He may even supply you with a LCD and pas if you ask nicely, other wise they aren't to hard to source.

:oops: forgot about the 500w bit, in that case then the BMSB integrated 20a controller 09 battery comes with all the kit bits you need and should be a good match along with a good 15-20 ah battery,the controller I think has a normal looking shunt so you might be able to mod it a little Or if you know anything about lipo's see if thay are ok check balancing and charge etc and get the parts you need from BMSB, that 40a controller is a bit too much for the bpm.

https://bmsbattery.com/ebike-kit/552-s12s-500w-torque-simulation-sine-wave-controller-ebike-kit.html
This one would be better to replace the KU.

Last edited:

dbar

Pedelecer
Nov 17, 2013
dbar if you still own the Oxydrive , give Andrew a call and see if you can buy just the base /cradle with the integral controller and use the battery you already have. He may even supply you with a LCD and pas if you ask nicely, other wise they aren't to hard to source.

:oops: forgot about the 500w bit, in that case then the BMSB integrated 20a controller 09 battery comes with all the kit bits you need and should be a good match along with a good 15-20 ah battery,the controller I think has a normal looking shunt so you might be able to mod it a little Or if you know anything about lipo's see if thay are ok check balancing and charge etc and get the parts you need from BMSB, that 40a controller is a bit too much for the bpm.

https://bmsbattery.com/ebike-kit/552-s12s-500w-torque-simulation-sine-wave-controller-ebike-kit.html
This one would be better to replace the KU.
Thanks for suggestions. What I really would like is what I have on the Oxydrive kit but with a battery with more amps and built in controller to handle it. I'm using my Oxydrive cst kitted bike as a commuter and want to use the 500 watt BPM powered bike for trail riding.

D

Deleted member 4366

The 11Ah Oxydrive kit has 40 cells and the 14Ah one has 50. The BMSB 48v 09 bottle battery has 52 cells and they have slightly more capacity too. That battery comes with an included 20A controller, so with a 500w 260 rpm BPM, you get quite a bit more oomph because you have more current and 33% more volts. I think that you'd be happy with it.

dbar

Pedelecer
Nov 17, 2013
The 11Ah Oxydrive kit has 40 cells and the 14Ah one has 50. The BMSB 48v 09 bottle battery has 52 cells and they have slightly more capacity too. That battery comes with an included 20A controller, so with a 500w 260 rpm BPM, you get quite a bit more oomph because you have more current and 33% more volts. I think that you'd be happy with it.
Sounds good. Shall visit bms website.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Thanks for suggestions. What I really would like is what I have on the Oxydrive kit but with a battery with more amps and built in controller to handle it. I'm using my Oxydrive cst kitted bike as a commuter and want to use the 500 watt BPM powered bike for trail riding.
That's what I have said the 20a controller 09 battery comes with everything.

dbar

Pedelecer
Nov 17, 2013
That's what I have said the 20a controller 09 battery comes with everything.
Sorry Nealh, didn't mean to offend. It's just that like a lot of people I feel a lot more confident when two people say the same thing.