BPM Kit

jayuk

Pedelecer
Jan 20, 2010
I finally have the BPM kit & have almost finished fitting. I have yet to make a torque arm & will not be using properly until i have one on, although i did use a 10mm spanner just to make sure everything was in working order.

First impressions..... WOW! not only does it have LOTS of torque its quick too!

i will try & add some photos shortly.

cheers
jay

p.s sorry about the quality of the photos as i had to compress them to post on here, if anyone is willing to post the originals on a site to be viewed on here in high quality i can send them over to you.

Attachments

Last edited:

ngoodson

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 28, 2010
Hi Jay,

Just curious, how much was complete kit? Did it include the battery? Cheers.

Nick

jayuk

Pedelecer
Jan 20, 2010
Hi ngoodson

The whole kit:

A123 48v 9.2ah Battery (64 Cells)
5 Amp Charger (Good Quality Ali Case Etc)
(2hr 15m for a full charge)
Bafang Bpm 36v 500w Code 10
Standard throttle
Laced into a black rim with black spokes
Infineon Controller 30A (80A Phase)

In all came to about £650... (shipping alone was about £150 via EMS (china) no customs though which was good!)
Expensive... Yes.. but i got exactly what i wanted.

Gets up to 27mph very quickly, to be honest i will only be averaging approx 20mph anyway. The motor has excellent torque & is also partly black to which i was not expecting.

NRG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 6, 2009
It's not the motor it's the 30a controller and 80a phase current with nearly 2Kw power potential!

Last edited:

jbond

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 29, 2010
Ware, Herts
www.voidstar.com
Hmmm. Code 10 wind, 26" wheels, 36v run at 48v, A123 (high C, low sag), 30A controller. Yup, I bet it's a beast.

So what happens when you go up the 1 in 8 gravel or mud track? Wheelies and wheelspin?

What do you think the no-load speed is?

stevebills

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 14, 2010
I finally have the BPM kit & have almost finished fitting. I have yet to make a torque arm & will not be using properly until i have one on, although i did use a 10mm spanner just to make sure everything was in working order.

First impressions..... WOW! not only does it have LOTS of torque its quick too!

i will try & add some photos shortly.

cheers
jay

p.s sorry about the quality of the photos as i had to compress them to post on here, if anyone is willing to post the originals on a site to be viewed on here in high quality i can send them over to you.
Did u lace the motor to the wheel yourself?
Whats a code 10?
where did u buy the battery and controller and how much?
I use Infraview to adjust picture size and its free and the best program and i dont get the degrading u seem to have on here.:D

Last edited:

jayuk

Pedelecer
Jan 20, 2010
Stevebills

The whole kit was built and supplied by cell_man on the endless sphere forum, a quick google will take you to his posts on there with contact details in the bottom of the posts. All i have left to do is make up a torque arm, then i can give it a proper test.
Hope this helps

Jay

jayuk

Pedelecer
Jan 20, 2010
The code 10 means the copper wind speed,
this motor is designed for an 18" wheel, this with the 30% power increase takes the top speed to 27mph.

Jay