Help! Brainpower 866C-6

kmrobertson3

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 2, 2020
Hi does anyone have the cable identification for the above controller? I bought one for a Freego bike to replace a faulty controller.

Sivs

Jun 27, 2020
Hi does anyone have the cable identification for the above controller? I bought one for a Freego bike to replace a faulty controller.
Hi,
I've been looking at this controller having just bought one myself
this item on Amazon may be of help?

The image of the controller in the above only gives connector allocations, not clear wire by wire functions

In the description there is a detailed description of the wires for, I assume, just the LCD display wiring for the 5 way and two way connectors:

Each cable is labeled with color for different uses.
Red: power positive electrode
Black: power negative electrode
Yellow: power output
Brown: lamp positive electrode
White: lamp negative electrode
Blue: indicator signal
Green: signal receive

Attachments

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
There are loads of version and models of Freego, all with different controllers and wiring, and the same with Brainpower controllers. How are we supposed to guess what you've got?

Did you buy the LCD to go with the controller?

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Black grey and red is EABs for direct drive motors. You need to connect a speed sensor of some sort to the white wire for the LCD to show your speed. You have to do the self-learning procedure correctly before the motor will work right. Red black and blue is PAS. You seem to have something weird connected to the throttle connector.

kmrobertson3

Jul 2, 2020
Thanks for your reply. The throttle is just rigged up temporarily to test it. I get the motor going using the controller then when I use the throttle the motor stops ‍♂

PAS is the pedal or crank sensor?

EABs for direct drive?

I will need to get hold of the set up self learning procedure.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
PAS = pedal assist sensor
EABS = electronically assisted braking system
Search the forum using Google for my posts on the self-learning procedure to save my typing fingers.

kmrobertson3

Jul 2, 2020
I have this working but just a few pointers required. I have had the 2 green wires connected but not carried out the full self learn mode but the wheel does spin correctly. After this procedure do I disconnect the green cables? Also my pas sensor just seems to have holes in it. Should there be magnet? See pic.
The bike is an early freego bike d which I have retrofitted the brainpower controller and lcd. Also I have been through the settings in the controller and entered 36v and 26” wheel but can someone provide me with a full list of recommended settings?

Attachments

kmrobertson3

Jul 2, 2020
Got it working now thanks.

can you offer any information on my Pas sensor in the pictures? I have no magnets just holes in the disc? Is this normal or have the magnets been lost at some point?

kmrobertson3

Jul 2, 2020
Got it all working today. All I did was disconnect the brake connectors and reconnected 1 brake and tested it and it worked as it should. I then connected the 2nd brake and it still works. HAPPY DAYS

Remind me what you do when connecting the light? Cheers