Brand new red ICE recumbent trike + BionX PL350, anyone from here ?

daniel.weck

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2009
I visited my local bike shop this week-end and talked to the "mechanic" who was building custom mounts for the BionX battery, to go on a ICE Sprint recumbent trike. The PL350 motor was a pretty heavy beast (to my surprise), and its size relative to the 20" wheel means the spokes are tiny ! The BionX kit was not new, judging by the marks on both the battery and the motor.

Anyway, just a note to the owner: remove that 350W sticker, or keep the trike off-road ;)

Straylight

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 31, 2009
Did you find out the overall cost of such a mean machine?:D I've recently blown the dust off my recumbent bike (oh yes, only the two wheels:eek: ), and seem to finally be getting used to it - a trike would have been soooo much easier to ride!

daniel.weck

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2009
Last edited:

daniel.weck

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2009
I've recently blown the dust off my recumbent bike (oh yes, only the two wheels:eek: ), and seem to finally be getting used to it - a trike would have been soooo much easier to ride!
I recently tried the ICE B1, pretty much in the configuration shown in the photo below, except with the new fold-in-half frame and the improved rear suspension arm design. Damn, it was like learning to cycle all over again... :eek: That being said, the B1 is very light, very comfortable and the brilliant shell seat cover provides effective air circulation. The disc brakes were really effective too, so much that I found myself moving forward dangerously as I was trying to learn to ride recumbent-style, and quite understandably was failing miserably at first :D (start, stop, fall, start, stop, start, go, brake, fall, ...)