Bristol newbie.

Old bones

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 11, 2018
Hi all. New to ebikes and after buying one from Halfords have already found I should have researched it a bit better. So in the future may be looking at building my own.

Fat Rat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2018
UK
Hi
Research is always good but at the same time makes choices even more confusing
There’s a good few self builds on here so you should have most of the answers you need in the future

Reactions: Old bones

lyme

Pedelecer
Jun 20, 2018
Staffordshire
Hi and welcome and I'm new here as well. I have looked at quite a few different ebikes in various places and have also looked at Halfords bikes. Many bikes on the market appear to use very cheap components so I'm looking at going down the self build route.

Currently looking at a new Carrera Subway 2 from Halfords at £280 (in store price £350) and a kit to convert.

Old bones

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 11, 2018
I've got there Vulcan model. For me I use a bike two ways. One just on cycle tracks and the other in woodlands and bridal ways. On Cycle tracks im over the 16mph limit 90% of the time and off road I find the rear drive makes it too clumsy so I will be doing a midframe conversion on a twin shock bike when I have the funds.

lyme

Pedelecer
Jun 20, 2018
Staffordshire
I just want one just to take away on back of motorhome as my wife has just purchased one. I find them slightly frustrating as I cycle around 150 miles a week with a local club and find 15.5mph on the slow side but I will only be pleasure cycling with my wife as a means of transport.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
I just want one just to take away on back of motorhome as my wife has just purchased one. I find them slightly frustrating as I cycle around 150 miles a week with a local club and find 15.5mph on the slow side but I will only be pleasure cycling with my wife as a means of transport.
you can remove the speed limit on most mid drives with a dongle if my bike was locked to 15mph id throw it in the canal but it will mean less range at faster speeds.

Reactions: lyme