Brompton Nano... Can’t get full power delivery

Torque

Pedelecer
Jan 16, 2016
Hello!.... My Nano Brompton has developed a problem regards its speed. The bike only has a thumb throttle, no LCD, and I noticed it had no real speed to the motor only about 7mph on throttle alone whist on board , so I’ve investigated the electrics so far by firstly cleaning the contacts on the Brompton bag copper strips that Nano fit to give power to the motor via the front Luggage Block and fully charged the bosch 36v battery + swapped it for another also ( checked batt connector unit was ok, no probs there ) but no improvement. So today had another ride and it appeared to be worse, checked and found one bag copper electrical contact bent,probably did that today putting bag back on— so I straightened that but no change, now down to 4mph on throttle alone whilst sat on bike. Standing beside bike all power LED’s on on/off switch light up and stay on, power comes in strong when throttle worked and bike leaps forward on the ground but the no load speed with the wheel now raised in the air the motor speed tails off rapidly after initial good start? . Brake cut off ( only one) connecting/disconnecting fine . Suspect I’ve done more damage running bike with copper strips bent interfering with power delivery. Any ideas what else to check or change please? Bikes been fine last 5 yrs .. oh well, any help appreciated. Thanks T

Advertisers