Brompton Nano Conversion

Kookie

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 2, 2018
Hi, I recently had my Brompton converted and I was wondering if anyone could assist with my enquiry as I dont know anyone else who has had the conversion. The front wheel rotates about 5 times When spun as my wife without the conversion rotates about 25 to 30 . Is this normal drag to expect?

I like to ride without power and only use it when i need it or killer hills.

If yes, what does this drag equate too , riding in a higher gear ???

Hope this make sense

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The hub is new and will be tight, once it has been run in a bit it should freewheel quite well.
My rear Bafang CST ( 7k odd miles) freely spins a good few dozen times, so check for brake rub or mudguard rub.

Kookie

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 2, 2018
The hub is new and will be tight, once it has been run in a bit it should freewheel quite well.
My rear Bafang CST ( 7k odd miles) freely spins a good few dozen times, so check for brake rub or mudguard rub.
Thanks for your reply, im the first to purchase one so everyone is eager to see how it works out therefore i have no one to compare it against

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Inboard on the LHS axle there is a sealed bearing with a nut, check it isn't too tight and pinching the bearing, other wise make sure there are washers inboard and that the drop outs are free of the motor at the axles.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Rotate the wheel slowly by hand in each direction. One way, you should feel the motor turning and the other way (forwards), it should be free. If you feel the motor both ways, your clutch is stuck.