buckled wheel

nigel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 18, 2006
Hi folks
yesterday i went out on my torq for a short ride and everything seemed ok untill there was a loud crack this noise seemed to come from the front wheel also the brake blocks were rubbing against the wheel rim so i stopped to check the wheel and found it is buckled:confused: i didnt go over any bad holes in the road so how did this happen. Also would a normal bike dealer be able to repair this.NIGEL.

Beeping-Sleauty

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 12, 2006
Colchester, Essex
Spoke perhaps...?

Hi folks
yesterday i went out on my torq for a short ride and everything seemed ok untill there was a loud crack this noise seemed to come from the front wheel also the brake blocks were rubbing against the wheel rim so i stopped to check the wheel and found it is buckled:confused: i didnt go over any bad holes in the road so how did this happen. Also would a normal bike dealer be able to repair this.NIGEL.
Hi Nigel, the loud crack sounds like a spoke housing parting company with the threaded end inside the rim, the buckling would seem to confirm this, i had exactly the same problem a few months ago, i wasn't even on the bike at the time, but heard the loud report from the next room, it took me a while to discover what the noise was, an easy, if somewhat tiresome repair,

my commiserations,
beeps

nigel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 18, 2006
Nigel

Thanx guys
i will contact a dealer as soon as possibile to do the job my only worry is will they do it as the motor is in the front wheel also connected to the main wires however i will find out what they say.:D

Ian

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 1, 2007
Leicester LE4, UK.
It shouldn't be a problem Nigel as the the job can be done without removing the wheel. The Torq front spokes are an uncommon size however 50cycles normally have them in stock if you have difficulties.

nigel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 18, 2006
Nigel

Hi folks
just a quick up date front wheel has now been retrued and is ok it cost £10 and back on the road:D

coops

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 18, 2007
Manchester U.K.
That's good news Nigel :) glad you're back whizzing along the road ;) :D. Don't know about you, but I'm seriously considering getting my wheels retrued & spoke tensions equalised or whatever, anyway, to see if that reduces the juddering on front brake, after what Ian & flecc have said?

Stuart.