Bull eMTB....

Dom T

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 17, 2017
Shropshire
It would be the shimano for me too, very nice I do like them. The RS and/or AM I'd go for. My hubs would prefer the top one with the 180mm. I don't need 180mm 150 will do.

Tom Rae

Pedelecer
Jan 14, 2017
Edinburgh Scotland
I have the current Bulls and I am very pleased with it. The only possible drawback is dealer location, Justebikes have 3 outlets, the most Northerly being Leicester.

Dom T

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 17, 2017
Shropshire
It would have to be a leicester visit from me if I was going to look as that would be closer but I'll have to save my pennies first. Would you buy another one Tom ?

Tom Rae

Pedelecer
Jan 14, 2017
Edinburgh Scotland
It would have to be a leicester visit from me if I was going to look as that would be closer but I'll have to save my pennies first. Would you buy another one Tom ?
Yes I would, I have not had any issues and it does the business for me. Some of the 2018 Bulls models look very tempting but I am fine with what I have!

tisme

Pedelecer
Nov 23, 2016
kent
I think they've cracked it with the 750wh battery and I will be selling my Haibike to get the RS. Agree that it's a shame only 3 shops all miles from me.

Tom Rae

Pedelecer
Jan 14, 2017
Edinburgh Scotland
I think they've cracked it with the 750wh battery and I will be selling my Haibike to get the RS. Agree that it's a shame only 3 shops all miles from me.
Remember, the double battery is only available on the Shimano model and the second battery will be extra cost. Shimano would however be my motor of choice. My Bulls has a 650W battery anyway which is great. There is an outlet in Suffolk but even the Leicester branch is a 600 mile round trip for me but I have had no reason to make the trip.

Last edited:
Reactions: tisme

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Depending upon where you intend to ride, the Shimano E800 motor and battery don't appear to without their issues, and have been found to overheat when used in alpine climbing conditions.

I have now read several reports in relation to this, the most recent by Christoph Malin, (editor/photographer for eMTB magazine) whom I have a lot of respect for.
The translation is a bit sketchy, but it'll be interesting to keep an eye of things to see how they pan out.

https://www.facebook.com/christoph.malin/posts/10213403168531974

Tom Rae

Pedelecer
Jan 14, 2017
Edinburgh Scotland
Depending upon where you intend to ride, the Shimano E800 motor and battery don't appear to without their issues, and have been found to overheat when used in alpine climbing conditions.

I have now read several reports in relation to this, the most recent by Christoph Malin, whom I have a lot of respect for.
The translation is a bit sketchy, but it'll be interesting to keep an eye of things to see how they pan out.

https://www.facebook.com/christoph.malin/posts/10213403168531974
I read that too however it was ascending in the alps and used on full power which is a tad extreme. Reducing the level of power had a beneficial effect. I have also read elsewhere (but I cant remember where) that Shimano are aware of the overheat issue and tackling it but it is something to bear in mind.

Reactions: EddiePJ

Dom T

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 17, 2017
Shropshire
The again all our bikes at times have different issues, but will keep a look out for what shimano are doing about it. I really like it.

Related Articles

Advertisers