BURISCH Synergy GT250 2014 - Opinions ? Alternatives ?

Elecman

Pedelecer
Sep 23, 2012
Hi everyone, I have been 'stalking' this forum for a while, picking up information etc.
I was originally looking at kits to upgrade my existing bike, but having recently sold my bike for a decent amount of cash, I have been looking at the possibility of buying a complete bike.
I have seen this on fleabay...
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BURISCH-Synergy-GT250-2014-MEDIUM-Ebike-e-bike-pedelec-electric-bicycle-/161224396258?pt=UK_Bikes_GL&hash=item2589b90de2

and have searched the forum for opinions. I managed to find a thread from 2012 when they first came out and were selling for below £700. That was 2 years ago and now they're around £850.

Looks a good bike still to me, wondered on peoples opinions and suggestions regarding similar bikes up to £1Kish - I dont mind buying used either.

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Wide choice of bikes at £1K, so you really need to give an indication of intended use.

As a starting point, bikes from Woosh and Kudos are well-regarded in their price range.

The owners of both businesses post on here, so you know who you are dealing with.

peerjay56

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 24, 2013
Nr Ingleton, N. Yorkshire
Hi everyone, I have been 'stalking' this forum for a while, picking up information etc.
I was originally looking at kits to upgrade my existing bike, but having recently sold my bike for a decent amount of cash, I have been looking at the possibility of buying a complete bike.
I have seen this on fleabay...
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BURISCH-Synergy-GT250-2014-MEDIUM-Ebike-e-bike-pedelec-electric-bicycle-/161224396258?pt=UK_Bikes_GL&hash=item2589b90de2

and have searched the forum for opinions. I managed to find a thread from 2012 when they first came out and were selling for below £700. That was 2 years ago and now they're around £850.

Looks a good bike still to me, wondered on peoples opinions and suggestions regarding similar bikes up to £1Kish - I dont mind buying used either.
It looks like a nice hard tail mountain bike - so why have they 'optimised' it for tarmac use - slick tyres, 7 speed gearing? As it is, it's not one thing or the other, which is a shame, because it is a nice looking bike.

D

Deleted member 4366

It looks like a nice hard tail mountain bike - so why have they 'optimised' it for tarmac use - slick tyres, 7 speed gearing? As it is, it's not one thing or the other, which is a shame, because it is a nice looking bike.
Bottle batteries are very fashionable, but the weight of the battery is carried by two 5mm screws in aluminium. You can guess what will happen with a lot of off-road bumping. If you're going to take your bottle battery bike off-road, you can strengthen the mounting a ;ot with a pair of jubilee clips or half-inch cable ties, which would look ugly on a new bike in a showroom. I suspect that the slick tyres are more to discourage off-road use than to optimise iy for tarmac.

The Burisch is a very nice looking bike. They've done a great job of making a lot out of the same standard parts that you'll find on many bikes in that price range.

I see that they're now sponsoring the forum, so they must have confidence in their product.

Elecman

Pedelecer
Sep 23, 2012
Suppose I should have put more detail about 'me'.
My intended use is this....
I used to cycle a great deal for fitness/pleasure, but due to work/child commitments I no longer have the time.
However, since starting my own business I only need to travel 20/40 miles per week, (the journeys are normally only 6 or 7 miles to the shops and friends) so I got to thinking that I could feasibly get rid of one car and do my basic trips by cycle as my partner has a car anyway for other journeys).
The reason I would like an electric cycle is that I live in a village at the top of a huge climb and whenever I go out it's uphill all the way back.
I'm more than fit enough to cycle - but as a means of everyday transport I know I will quickly grow tired of it unless I have a way of making the return journey more 'acceptable' !
I am 6'2" and about 90kg.
I also have a bike which I could upgrade with a kit my original plan) it's an old Raliegh touring bike, steel frame, with v brakes and 700c wheels, no suspension, 8 spd SRAM gears.
Riding will be road riding, and as I said very hilly with a fair sized rider on board with possibly shopping etc. I don't mind adding a fair supply of human power !
I am also more than happy for the bike to have over 250w power, but I don't want anything like a tank. I think that's everything.

Elecman

Pedelecer
Sep 23, 2012
Oh, and I like stealthy bikes !

Elecman

Pedelecer
Sep 23, 2012
Thanks, looks good value. Has anyone tried one of these bikes ?