buy this from UK shop? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/390982384713? ... EBIDX%3AIT

chris_comber

Pedelecer
Dec 2, 2014
Redhill, Surrey
Hi Everyone,

This is my very first posting, so go easy on me. I need a small sized battery for a 8Fun Mid drive 36v 250w mid drive. This is what I'm thinking and I need a small size for a good reason..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/390982384713? ... EBIDX%3AIT

So, can I get this battery from a store in Europe or the UK?

Now for the reason for the small size, I'm building an electric bike using a 1950s Schwinn Panther and I want the battery to go into the fake tank area. I've already bought a Panther tank. The bike will end up looking like a Sportsman Flyer, but electric.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, really appriciated.

Chris

Attachments

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
I like your choice to preserve the look of the bike.
How do you feel about leaving your £350 battery on the bike? it cannot be locked to the frame.

chris_comber

Pedelecer
Dec 2, 2014
Redhill, Surrey
Unfortunately the battery space looses height towards the seat post end, so if the battery was 9cm high in the space, the length at that height could only be about 20-25cm. But if you know of a shorter bottle battery, I'd love to see a link for it. I'll try and get the tank dimensions ASAP.

Last edited:

Kinninvie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 5, 2013
Teesdale,England
Dont forget you will have to add customs duty to the purchase price!!

mfj197

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2014
Guildford
You could try asking user morphix on this forum. He is working on a non-profit project, CycleCharge, for creating a network of charge stations around the UK (pubs, shops and the like). As a sideline he is looking to sell batteries, and the 36V one is 185L x 85W x 65H which may fit? It's 10S4P 2600mAh Samsung cells. The website is undergoing maintenance at the moment but the thread about CycleCharge is at this link here. He also has photographs of the batteries in that thread. I'm interested in one myself!

Michael

chris_comber

Pedelecer
Dec 2, 2014
Redhill, Surrey
You could try asking user morphix on this forum. He is working on a non-profit project, CycleCharge, for creating a network of charge stations around the UK (pubs, shops and the like). As a sideline he is looking to sell batteries, and the 36V one is 185L x 85W x 65H which may fit? It's 10S4P 2600mAh Samsung cells. The website is undergoing maintenance at the moment but the thread about CycleCharge is at this link here. He also has photographs of the batteries in that thread. I'm interested in one myself!

Michael
Michael, you sir are a total star! I will take a look at the thread right now. Thanks!

mfj197

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2014
Guildford
*bows* You are too kind. I do hope the scheme succeeds - it would be great to have a decent network of charging stations. I've discussed the battery packs with him and messaged him this morning to find out how we can actually buy one.

Reactions: chris_comber