Help! Buying online help

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Okay chaps, very close now. I found a local builder those going to do me a bike. He's suggest this. Anything glaringly wrong? Price okay? Keen to put my search to bed. Appreciate all your help.
Like the owner of the other one in post #42, you'll be trying to sell it on Ebay after a month. IIRC, we already explained why earlier in the thread.

P.S. I hope they're not cable brakes. Even if they're hydraulics, it's going to be fun seeing how much glow you can get out of the discs when you try and stop from 30 mph.

Here's some simple physics for you. The amount of energy that you have between you and the bike increases with the square of the speed plus proportionally in relation to the total mass, so if you have brakes designed for 12 mph and you ride at 36 mph with an extra 15kg of mass you have 10.35 times as much energy to dissipate in order to stop. That means that to get the same sort of braking, you'd need 10 sets of brakes on each wheel. If you had that much breaking, your knobbly tyre would have no chance of gripping and you'd fall off . You will see all this if you ride a bike like you're proposing.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
DSC_0190_03_01.JPG

:cool: