Cable fault 1E error code

redstar99

Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2019
Hi everyone, I'm basically new round here but it's definitely the right place to ask a question regarding this error code 1E.

I've tracked a sensor from the brakes which is basically a box which both front and the back brakes go through, and also the display cable, it's called a multi box, I could hear a rattling sound inside which didn't sound fine to me, so I opened it up and there's a small circuit board and two little 10mm magnets which were already loose, trouble is I'm not sure how they sit back in the multi box? and they need contact somehow with the circuit board to generate a brake signal....or do they? I will post a picture of the box and magnets.
here's a link for the box http://www.clouddrive.tech/#/connector-cdbl-c

I'm having trouble posting phone pictures of the internal circuit board and magnets for some reason?

redstar99

Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2019
it actually says the server can't process the phone picture files? the phone file can't be that big surely? anyone else have the same problem with phone pictures?

redstar99

Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2019
i've tried uploading photos a number of time's!
but I get an error message saying the uploaded file is to large for the server to process? it's only a jpg phone picture of 8.32 meg....why can't this server upload a file of 8.32 megabytes?

redstar99

Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2019
in fact looking at the photo now, I've actually soldered the blue wire onto number 3, this shows it's actually attached to number 4, I might need to change that now and see if it makes a difference.

redstar99

Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2019
I'm having a problem resizing the pics I have....I will have to get back to you on the other photos.

redstar99

Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2019
there barely 5mm wide, I've tried to actually just let them connect magnetically to the brake cable inside without fastening them down but this has not worked either.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
The way it works is that the magnets stick to the cables. There will be two hall sensors on the PCB. When you operate the brake, the cable pulls the magnet to the hall sensor, which makes it switch. the magnet is always self-adjusting because it can slide on the cable, and the cable movement is more than the distance inside the housing.

You haven't shown a clear picture of the hall sensors on the pcb. Each hall sensor has three wires: 5V, 0V and its signal wire. Two signal wires means 4 in total. If you can show clear pictures of the pcb on both sides, I can check your connections.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
I've just looked again and can see in one of your photos, that they've modified how it was planned to work. You can see the two three-pin locations for the hall sensors, but 2 holes are empty. Instead, they've put a single reed switch across. When either magnet passes over it, it'll switch. One end of the reed switch will be connected to a ground and the other two a single brake signal wire to the controller. The rest of the wires go straight through.

You have to look at the other side of the pcb to see which wire the switched end of the reed switch goes to, or shine a bright light through it from underneath. The ground end must be attached to the yellow and black wires.

I think you have the magnets in the wrong place. I'd expect their movement to be more restricted in a tunnel, like the two slots to the right of where they are.

Last edited: