Cadence computer wired or wireless?

cycling weakly

Pedelecer
Oct 4, 2015
I want to add a computer with cadence readout to a BBS02 powered bike. The cadence sensor will obviously be very close to the motor, would the magnetic field of the motor be likely to affect the readings of a wireless sensor. Cateye make a wired "Strada" model which has reasonable reviews on Amazon, which would hopefully not be affected by the motor. Any thoughts on this would be welcome.

Steve

D

Deleted member 4366

Yes.Wired would be OK.

Think about a Speedict. It probably won't cost much more, and it will log the speed, cadence and battery usage so that you can analyse how to become efficient. You need a smartphone to operate it.

Last edited by a moderator:

awol

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 4, 2013
Yes.Wired would be OK.

Think about a Speedict. It probably won't cost much more, and it will log the speed, cadence and battery usage so that you can analyse how to become efficient. You need a smartphone to operate it.
I've recently been considering a speedict for other functions.
How does the Speedict record the cadence, does it come with a PAS style sensor to add? or can it plug onto an existing PAS?
Also I noticed it's not been updated for a couple of years and was wondering whether it's been abandoned now and won't work with newer Android phones.