Calliper adapter touching hub motor

MA2403

Just Joined
Nov 30, 2016
London
Hi,

New to E bikes and just got a new kit. Have done a quick search and not found anything that addresses this as of yet (please point in right direction if there is)

I was mid way through installing the new kit when I faced a few problems.

1. I didn't have a torx driver to remove the rotor from the old wheel! (front)

2. When I did a quick test to see everything fits, I ended up noticing that the calliper adapter brushes against the hub.

Is there any way to address point 2? I have been trying to shift the washers to make more space but no luck.

Do I need a lower profile brake adapter?

Thanks in advance - completely new to the diy aspect of bikes so bear in with me if I don't get the terminology.

M

D

Deleted member 4366

Something doesn't sound right. The disc sits between the motor and the caliper adapter, so how can the adapter touch the motor? If you haven't fitted the disc yet, you probably have the axle hardware in the wrong sequence. You need to give us some details of exactly what you have. Show us a photo of the problem.

Reactions: MA2403

MA2403

Just Joined
Nov 30, 2016
London
Something doesn't sound right. The disc sits between the motor and the caliper adapter, so how can the adapter touch the motor? If you haven't fitted the disc yet, you probably have the axle hardware in the wrong sequence. You need to give us some details of exactly what you have. Show us a photo of the problem.
Hi,

Thanks for your reply,

I've attached a picture to show how the calliper is causing this metallic brushing against the motor (the silver ring). I haven't installed the brake rotor yet, it's a pretty horrible sound... Metal against chalk board almost.

Are the issues with my fork?

Attachments

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The pic is from the wrong side show us the caliper from the rear also something isn't at all right. The AR washer may have to go inside the drop out so a little prying apart may be needed.

Reactions: MA2403

MA2403

Just Joined
Nov 30, 2016
London
The pic is from the wrong side show us the caliper from the rear also something isn't at all right. The AR washer may have to go inside the drop out so a little prying apart may be needed.
It seems that I had an abnormally wide brake calliper housing.

Went and got a new one which is almost half the width, all working fine at the moment.