Can’t find S-pedelec insurance anywhere, please help

bristolstromer

Just Joined
Apr 20, 2024
Bristol
I'm in the same boat now. Have been insured with my Stromer ST1x through bikesure (underwriter markerstudy) for the last three years only to be told they couldn't renew as 'there is currently no market'. Spent countless hours (which actually add up to days now) going through insurance scripts only to be told they couldn't offer me insurance. Any advice would be much appreciated!

sandman172

Just Joined
Apr 17, 2024
I'm in the same boat now. Have been insured with my Stromer ST1x through bikesure (underwriter markerstudy) for the last three years only to be told they couldn't renew as 'there is currently no market'. Spent countless hours (which actually add up to days now) going through insurance scripts only to be told they couldn't offer me insurance. Any advice would be much appreciated!
try https://www.forwardselectric.com give em a call see who they insure theres through

Tony1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
I have an R&M Charger, just imported from EU and newly registered with DVLA. Got a quote from Bikesure but 3P only. £210.
That is more than I am paying for an old Honda 250cc and more than I pay for a brand new 2023 Royal Enfield 350 cc. Both are 20 hp bikes. I sold my 2016 Bonneville 900cc last June but the insurance for that was under £200 and that was 55 hp.

When my 11HP 125 was ast insured a year or two back I think the price was about £80 and the road tax about £19.

People are being ripped off with what is on offer and I would strongly advise against buying that bike. Get a Bafang conversion, or a Woosh or a Wisper and be done with all that expensive moped cr@p. They dont even have anything lke the power of a proper moped. What's the point?

Last edited:
Reactions: thelarkbox

Tony1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
That link to the Reiss Muller bike up top would not work, but those things are about £6k for 1250 watts..... That's insane. Get a motor bike license and drive it sensibly if you want to go at 28 miles an hour. 1250 watts is less than 2 hp. I will happily sell you my old 125 which is 11 hp, does 125mpg and will cost you bugger all. You can have it for £600 . It needs an mot but will esily pass and it has been a great little work horse. I did 7000 miles on it and ran it on full synthetic oil, changed every thousand miles. It only need a litre, so why not. It has 17000 miles on it and will do 80,000 if ridden sensibly and given regular oil changes. It is old at 23 years, but it has spent ears locked up in garages. I don't ride it now, preferring my other motorbikes. Bring a van and £600 and it is yours. Car tax about £19 and for me the insurance was so chap I can't even remember what it cost. It has been sorned for about 2 years here.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Thank you for your help! They look promising. I've contacted them (in writing for now). Will post here if there are any news.
This page:

...links to this insurance company:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I have an R&M Charger, just imported from EU and newly registered with DVLA. Got a quote from Bikesure but 3P only. £210.
What range do you get from the 750Wh battery travelling at 28mph?

Have they stolen "long-lasting riding pleasure" from Durex? :oops:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
20240421_191817[2].jpg

race class :D range about 25 miles :rolleyes:

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
R&M Charger

Show off

:p

Nice bike. I was quite taken with them and it was in my top 3 when first making my choice (opted for a full suss emtb instead)

If I was buying again, it would be the multi-charger(touring model) with an upgrade to brakes and fork.

Advertisers