Can you derestrict a carrera crossfire e

Yamdude

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 20, 2013
Somerset
Not heard of anyone on here with the CrossfireE that has managed to up the max speed cutoff.
Quite a few on here has bought one, so maybe its not possible.

• Agree
Reactions: LeighPing

alvinchip

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 22, 2016
london
Hi all

I want to go faster off road can you derestrict the carrera crossfire e?

cheers

marcus
I checked the link below which leads to the forum for the Carrera crossfire e and there are no answers relating to whether or not it can be derestricted. ive checked everything on the web relating to this particular bike and there is nothing relating to a solution for derestricting this bike so id like to ask you if you've obtained any information regarding this matter as id like to know how to derestrict too. there is a button on the left which allows the bike to drive at walking speed, so there must be a way of altering the software to allow that button to reach 15.5 mph

• Informative
D

Deleted member 4366

You should be able to use the derestrictor in the thread below, like I explained in it. You don't need anything other than the Arduino PCB (about £3) - no battery, switch, transistor,coil, etc. You find the speed sensor wire from the motor, cut it and join the motor side to pin 2 and the controller side to pin 12. Use any 5v and ground from the controller to power it.

http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/threads/ebike-derestrictor.25266/

If you're lucky, you'll be able to install it inside the controller box, so no complicated wiring.
If you want to be really clever, run a bridge through a reed switch and diode between pins 2 and 12 so that you can activate/deactivate it with a magnet.

alvinchip

Aug 22, 2016
london
ive found something very interesting in the manual. theres something called a Push up support switch, which when pressed allows the bike to travel at 4-5 km/h. Now this is exactly what i hope to alter so that i can get 15km/h solely by using the switch so it acts as a throttle. Any ideas on how i could do this? would love to know as its something i definitely want to try

electrichead

Aug 18, 2016
LONDON
ive found something very interesting in the manual. theres something called a Push up support switch, which when pressed allows the bike to travel at 4-5 km/h. Now this is exactly what i hope to alter so that i can get 15km/h solely by using the switch so it acts as a throttle. Any ideas on how i could do this? would love to know as its something i definitely want to try
Im not technical but would love to hear from someone who has made this bike go faster :)

• Agree
Reactions: row and LeighPing

alvinchip

Aug 22, 2016
london
You should be able to use the derestrictor in the thread below, like I explained in it. You don't need anything other than the Arduino PCB (about £3) - no battery, switch, transistor,coil, etc. You find the speed sensor wire from the motor, cut it and join the motor side to pin 2 and the controller side to pin 12. Use any 5v and ground from the controller to power it.

If you're lucky, you'll be able to install it inside the controller box, so no complicated wiring.
If you want to be really clever, run a bridge through a reed switch and diode between pins 2 and 12 so that you can activate/deactivate it with a magnet.
That seems quiet technical. There's a switch when pressed allows the bike to travel at 5kmh. I'm really curious as to how to break that limit and get it to do 15.5 kmh. This might not be as technical. The switch isn't controller by software so how would I break the 5kmh limit?

• Agree
Reactions: row

alvinchip

Aug 22, 2016
london

After having looked at it more thoroughly it definitely seems manageable. I owe it to your explanation, it was when I started reading through the forum from the link you provided that it seemed daunting.

Thank you very much for your help.

D

Deleted member 4366

let us know how you get on. If your motor has the 9-pin connector, you can get the connectors in a lead from BMSBattery.com, which would mean that you could make a simple speed adapter that fits between the two motor connectors.

• Informative

Advertisers