Can you fit a throttle to a Bosch CX motor?

Deus

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 18, 2014
Dewsbury
Can a throttle be fitted to a Bosch CX ? a throttle that gives instant power not one where you have to rotate the peddles first?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
no as the software is locked you cant even use a 3rd party batt as it has to talk with the motors controller to even turn on.

Reactions: Deus
D

Deleted member 25121

No, there's nowhere to connected it and the controller firmware isn't designed to be able to read it.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
How good are you at hacking? It's possible to reprogram the walk assist speed so that the walk assist button works like a full-speed push-button throttle. Without hacking, you need the Bosch software, cable and password to do it.

Deus

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 18, 2014
Dewsbury
Thanks for the replies what about other motors like Shimano or Brose etc? or some of those come with throttles anyway ?

Fat Rat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2018
UK
I think you need to look for something other than a crank drive
Non of them are designed to work as throttle units
If I was you I would look into hubs instead as it defeats the object of the crank drive to have a throttle

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
You should get instant power just by pressing the pedals; one advantage of torque sensing. Maybe not as much as you want though? Or at least, instant torque.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Deus and ebiker99

Deus

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 18, 2014
Dewsbury
its a friend who is wanting a throttle on his first ebike purchase he has tried my Bafang BBSHD set up and seems to think he needs a throttle now

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
its a friend who is wanting a throttle on his first ebike purchase he has tried my Bafang BBSHD set up and seems to think he needs a throttle now
swap bikes ;)

• Agree
Reactions: Deus and Woosh