Cannabis

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
In the light of recent publicity and today's announcement that Canada has decided to decriminalise cannabis, does anyone see any problem with the UK taking similar action?

I did like this pic from a cannabis oil users' website and actually found it reflects very well the current situation in the UK:

35686685_949673908567976_8199261540667359232_n.jpg

I should add that I am a recent convert to CBD oil, for pain relief primarily in my case.

I found this to be more than a little interesting!

35802200_1841209645899845_2868565952138575872_n.jpg

Tom

Last edited:

Raboa

Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2014
I think the recent case involving the mother / child that had their medical supply taken off them highlights how our of step the government is in relation to this subject.

I use this companies product and find it helps my skin condition:

https://healing-with-hemp.com/

Thanks

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

mike killay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 17, 2011
The rise in gangsterism in the UK is to a certain extent the result of the "Drugs War"
The fact is, just like Gay Marriage, the legalising of cannabis will result in a small claque of noisy people both pro and con, whilst the majority (Huge majority--nearly everybody) will totally ignore the change and not be at all bothered.
When they realise just how many tax pounds they will save on Policing, courts, probation and prison they will be all for it.
Throw in a reasonable amount of taxation and everyone is a winner.

mike killay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 17, 2011
I think the recent case involving the mother / child that had their medical supply taken off them highlights how our of step the government is in relation to this subject.

Thanks
I personally know of a doctor who prescribed a bottle of whisky for a dying man to raise his spirits in his last days. The hospital agreed and bought the whisky.
I am utterly amazed that a Doctor who is allowed to prescribe all the dangerous drugs is not allowed to prescribe cannabis.
What is going wrong?
We are not children and any potion that will relieve human suffering should be permitted and not banned by interfering Great British Busybody, Nanny knows best, nose poking, nit picking, sicko control freaks.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
In the light of recent publicity and today's announcement that Canada has decided to decriminalise cannabis, does anyone see any problem with the UK taking similar action?
The daftness of the UK's strict law is that we are the world's largest exporter of medical cannabis, grown here.

We grow and sell 45% of that entire world supply.

Last edited:

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008

Thanks
The “mother” of the child who had his cannabis stolen by the Home Secretary owns a company which sells cannabis oil for £500 a pop.

Child victims of government policy are a wonderful marketing gift for those who operate in the correct market sector, and little Johnny’s Mum certainly filled her boots.

Having said the above, I think all prohibited drugs should now be legalised. The situation is hopelessly out of control and no one has the stomach to take the necessary action stamp it out. Let those who want to fill their bodies with poison freely do so.

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
When they realise just how many tax pounds they will save on Policing, courts, probation and prison they will be all for it.
Throw in a reasonable amount of taxation and everyone is a winner.
To that end, Mike, you can be sure that there are many in the Commons and in Threadneedle St busy on their calculators this morning as a direct result of recent events

Tom

mike killay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 17, 2011
The “mother” of the child who had his cannabis stolen by the Home Secretary owns a company which sells cannabis oil for £500 a pop.

Child victims of government policy are a wonderful marketing gift for those who operate in the correct market sector, and little Johnny’s Mum certainly filled her boots.

Having said the above, I think all prohibited drugs should now be legalised. The situation is hopelessly out of control and no one has the stomach to take the necessary action stamp it out. Let those who want to fill their bodies with poison freely do so.
Just shows how duplicitous people can be and how we are all manipulated.
Apparently in the USA since legalisation, the once illegal growers are making millions.
Anybody got an allotment going unused?

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
https://www.rcpsych.ac.uk/mentalhealthinfo/problems/alcoholanddrugs/cannabisandmentalhealth.aspx?theme=mobile

There are lots of kids, young adults on our psychiatric wards as a result of cannabis. It's not as straight forward as many think, it's more or less accepted cannabis doubles risk of psychotic episodes in the young. It's also a gateway drug.
Should it be decriminalised? Who knows. I, d vote against it.
It's not fair drug addicts jump on band wagon to legalise its use. The case in papers is talking about doctors being able to prescribe it to certain people. That is a completely different issue .
Of course they should be able to. It should not be freely available to all. It's outlawed for a reason.
Yes, some can smoke it their entire lives with no apparent ill effects. Some can't. I have first hand experience of damage it can do to the young. It can and does take over people's lives leads to stronger drug use and ends badly on occasions.
The link makes the salient points better than I could. Cannabis is not the innocent safe drug some like to make out.

Last edited:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
show me 1 person that has died as a result of smoking weed you wont find 1.

and i have been smoking/vaping it since 1990.:DS1030690.jpg

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
show me 1 person that has died as a result of smoking weed you wont find 1.
Not true, heres just the first woman to die from cannabis use.

Marijuana may not be deadly like other drugs, but it can impact physical and mental health. Health consequences of marijuana abuse include:
  • Chronic cough and frequent respiratory infections.
  • Mental and cognitive issues, including problems with learning and memory, hallucinations, anxiety, panic attacks and psychosis, especially in youth.
  • A 2012 study indicated people who smoked marijuana before age 17 were 3.5 times more likely to attempt suicide than those who started smoking marijuana later in life.
  • Those dependent on marijuana had a higher risk of experiencing major depression and suicidal thoughts and behaviors.
  • Subsequent research published in 2014 indicated daily adolescent users were 18 times more likely to become dependent on marijuana, seven times more likely to attempt suicide and eight times more likely to use other illegal drugs in the future.

• Agree
Reactions: Zlatan

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk
Maybe after Brexit mass cannabis cultivation will help keep the economy afloat just like in WW2 and we could cultivate it on any spare bit of land available inc town parks. Yoofs would be licking their fingers & well motivated to work picking on cannabis farms for little or no wages to replace dwindling migrant labour.

It would break the Dutch monopoly and make the UK the European hen & stag do capital based round jolly warm beer & spliffs.

Crops would earn us carbon credits and I can imagine Lincolnshire would be as rich as Saudi Arabia as a result of a massive boost to the economy.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
it says she died from a heart attack.

Half a joint was found underneath her body and a wrapper containing brown and green leaves of the class B drug was discovered in her handbag.

you dont smoke the leaves there is no thc on them you smoke the flowers ie the bud.

‘The post mortem could find no natural cause for her death with the balance of probability that it is more likely than not that she died from the effects of cannabis.’

i could jump off a cliff with a spliff in my mouth but thats not what is going to kill me is it pmsl.

the only way to die from smoking weed is asphyxiation.

Advertisers