Help! Cant find an ebike I want anywhere.

RonnieX

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 9, 2020
Think Ive missed the boat this year!

got back into cycling during lockdown and had a go of a mates’ Cube Reaction. Enjoyed it so much i want one. But cant find one anywhere. Lowered my sights to a Cube Cross and even a few offerings from Decathlon. Again, no chance!

May resign myself to a 2021 model just in time for winter

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

GLJoe

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 21, 2017
UK
no cube bikes ...
Bikes are still being delivered.
A friend bought a cube stereo the other day that had JUST been delivered, and more were due in shortly - so they are slowly coming back into stock - some models at least. I think its a case of keep trying.

Reactions: RonnieX

Old Fart At Play

Pedelecer
Jun 11, 2020
If you have got your heart set on that specific bike then it will be worth waiting. I think stock of all sorts of bikes is expected to improve by September.

RonnieX

Jul 9, 2020
Update.......couldn’t find my first choice so ended up ordering a Rockrider E-ST 900 from Decathlon as they came back into stock. Im getting all excited now and cant wait for delivery on 25th.

Just insured it for all risks on my home contents policy for £13, so happy with that.

trickgixer

Aug 2, 2020
Update.......couldn’t find my first choice so ended up ordering a Rockrider E-ST 900 from Decathlon as they came back into stock. Im getting all excited now and cant wait for delivery on 25th.

Just insured it for all risks on my home contents policy for £13, so happy with that.
Hi RonnieX,
So, how are you getting on with it?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Decathlon appear to have good CS and return policy. And the bikes are too shabby either.

Reactions: trickgixer

RonnieX

Jul 9, 2020
I’ve covered 227 miles on it so far. A few hills, pinewood forest paths. Bridleways, cycle paths and the beach. No proper trails yet as I’ve none near by!

the bike works perfectly. Ive not had to adjust anything and love the riding position. I am, however, still trying to come to terms with the massive 27.5+ x 2.8 tyres. They attract more comments than the fact that its an e bike. I dont ride aggressively enough to warrant changing them, though I may consider it to make it more aesthetic to me!

Reactions: trickgixer

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
Decathlon appear to have good CS and return policy. And the bikes are too shabby either.
Haven't they just been sold/taken over? Bike range probably the same, but it won't be clear what their CS is like for a little bit.

trickgixer

Aug 2, 2020
I have been a customer of Decathlon in France and UK for a few years now. Always been happy with the CS and on the rare occasion I have had to return anything, refunded or exchanged without any quibbles. Excellent prices for the quality as well.

Hovlev2

Pedelecer
Jul 24, 2020

I insured my new Oxygen on my contents policy for a similar price, but wonder why stand-alone bike insurance is over £100? Is there a difference?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Haven't they just been sold/taken over? Bike range probably the same, but it won't be clear what their CS is like for a little bit.
I think they are still owned by the same people Leclerq being the founder and 40% owner, the only thing I think that has changed is the name of the holding company.

• Informative
Reactions: sjpt

GSV3MiaC

Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2020
I insured my new Oxygen on my contents policy for a similar price, but wonder why stand-alone bike insurance is over £100? Is there a difference?
Stand alone bike insurance probably covers 3rd party liability, and maybe legal too. I guess there may be an element of 'home owners are solid citizens',, built in, plus the 'it costs £50 to write any sort of policy anyway'.

Reactions: Hovlev2