Carerra Crosscity ebike

littlemack

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 17, 2021
I know nothing about electric bikes so please can someone help. Took bike to Halfords for free bike check they say battery is fully charged but there's no power getting to the bike at all. They said it would need a diagnostic test but there's nobody there to do it as all on furlough. Any ideas why there's no power and what can I do about it. I'm in the Manchester area.

jimriley

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2020
Step 1. Get a meter. Then someone will tell you what to check with it.

littlemack

Jan 17, 2021
Its been in the garage unused for a few months but the battery has been charged. It was working before this. Halfords have checked the battery and said its fine. They say they think the problem is the power from the battery not getting through. Needs diagnostic test but no one in to do that

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Have a look at the battery contacts in the folding mechanism. Sometimes the prongs get bent, so they don't make good contact. You could also check that the contact surfaces are clean. If that doesn't solve it, remove the panel in the fold on the rear side, behind which the controller sits with all its wires. Follow the wires from the back of the contacts in the panel until you come to a pair of bullet connectors. Pull them apart, crimp the barrels down a bit, then reconnect, making sure that the bullets are all the way in.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
All batteries will have power but it depends on the output voltage reading, did they say what it was ?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Did they check voltage properly or just press a battery level indicator ?

littlemack

Jan 17, 2021
Thanks everyone for all your replies will get someone to take a look at it and try some of the things above

Advertisers