Carrera Crosscity Handlebar Mirror anyone?

Twinkletoes500

Just Joined
May 12, 2018
Norfolk
Hello,

I've been using a Carrera Crosscity for a short commute to/from work since May and I have to say I love it! I'm after a mirror to fit to the handlebar and wondered if anyone knew of one that fits, as the handlebar grips on this bike are a rather odd, flattened (but comfortable to hold) shape.

Thanks,

Helen

Fat Rat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2018
UK
Hi welcome
Picture would help with your quest showing your particular grip
I’m sure someone will be able to help a bit quicker then :)

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Here's a photo of the Crosscity's bars and grips:

Helen, you can still fit a normal bar end mirror since they always require cutting off/cutting out the end piece of the right grip to fit the mirror mount into the handlebar end. You can use a craft knife to do that.

Your handlebar is probably the usual slim insert size like the one on this Cateye BM500G model:

Avoid the much fatter mounts that are for drop handlebars like this one below:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I have the Cateye on the Swizzbee & Boardman, does the job nicely.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

MikeS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 29, 2018
I had a neat swivelling handlebar end mirror on my crossfire e. There was a plastic plug in the end of the grip and once that was removed the mirror fit straight in. However, I traded my Crossfire for a Crossfuse and it came with handgrips that had to be cut with a craft knife. Beware though because these handgrips were on a plastic sleeve which I had to drill and file to take the mirror. It was worth it though, because the grips with the plastic sleeve can be locked(clamped) to the bars so that they don;t turn - unlike the Crossfire e ones.
Mike

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I had a neat swivelling handlebar end mirror on my crossfire e. There was a plastic plug in the end of the grip and once that was removed the mirror fit straight in.
The photo I posted above of the Crosscity's handlebars looks like it also has that end plug.

If so, with that pulled out, a mirror will plug straight in.

Richard10666

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 9, 2018
Hello,

I've been using a Carrera Crosscity for a short commute to/from work since May and I have to say I love it! I'm after a mirror to fit to the handlebar and wondered if anyone knew of one that fits, as the handlebar grips on this bike are a rather odd, flattened (but comfortable to hold) shape.

Thanks,

Helen
Hi
I’m just down the road from you Isleworth same bike,
I’ve tried one mirror but did not fit the diameter is quit small ,