Carrera Crossfire E and Yose Power Battery

Captain_Mike

Pedelecer
Mar 29, 2019
Is anyone able to tell me whether or not the Yose Power battery shown on the following link, is compatible with a Carrera Crossfire E.. They look identical but I know that doesn't guarantee compatability

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The Crossfire doesn't carry out any special hand shaking so it should be ok.
Others have have replaced the Suntour TSBB & controller with other electronics and continue to use the existing battery.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I did ask Joycube (Phylion) to make some SF06 for me last year, they warned me that they changed the dimensions and charging port for their big customer (you know who) a little earlier, and asked me which year I wanted the battery to suit.
That put the idea of supplying higher capacity SF06 for the Carrera out of the window.
So check the charging port to see if it fits your charger.
Check that the discharge port also matches yours.

Chibueve

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 17, 2020
I did ask Joycube (Phylion) to make some SF06 for me last year, they warned me that they changed the dimensions and charging port for their big customer (you know who) a little earlier, and asked me which year I wanted the battery to suit.
That put the idea of supplying higher capacity SF06 for the Carrera out of the window. So check the charging port to see if it fits your charger.
Check that the discharge port also matches yours.
I am looking to replace the battery for my 2020 Raleigh Talus electric bike. It uses a SR Suntour Li-Ion Downtube battery (36v 11.6Ah 418Wh). My e-bike was recently vandalized and the battery/display stolen. My research showed that the Suntour branded battery is manufactured by Phylion, which has a similarly rated battery (Phylion sf-06 11.6ah battery - sold by Yose Power. When I read your recent post on Phylion sf-06 11.6ah battery compatibility with Suntour bikes, it occurred to me that mine may well be. But the discharge port/holder (see pictures) is different from the Yose Power battery mentioned on this platform even though both have 6 pins.

Any thoughts on their compatibility? I plan to change the battery and holder.

Thanks so much for your time - Tony

Attachments

bikes4gites

May 27, 2020
Is anyone able to tell me whether or not the Yose Power battery shown on the following link, is compatible with a Carrera Crossfire E.. They look identical but I know that doesn't guarantee compatability

Hi - did you ever find the definitive answer to this question, as I have exactly the same query. My battery looks identical to the one Yose power advertises, with a 5 pin charging port etc, but the overall length dimension of battery and holder is not the same - I don't really mind if the holder is different if the battery will fit into my holder.

Captain_Mike

Pedelecer
Mar 29, 2019
Hi - did you ever find the definitive answer to this question, as I have exactly the same query. My battery looks identical to the one Yose power advertises, with a 5 pin charging port etc, but the overall length dimension of battery and holder is not the same - I don't really mind if the holder is different if the battery will fit into my holder.
Yes, and I should have posted this earlier. I ordered the battery from their Berlin outlet and it was delivered by DPD in about 4 working days after the order; there was no customs duty involved. The package came with a new battery holder and wiring, new charger, battery and keys. Everything was identical to the existing fittings, even to the extent that the new keys worked with the old holder. So all components are identical to the original and interchangeable. I am referring of course to my Halford's Carrera Crossfire ebike.

bikes4gites

May 27, 2020
Yes, and I should have posted this earlier. I ordered the battery from their Berlin outlet and it was delivered by DPD in about 4 working days after the order; there was no customs duty involved. The package came with a new battery holder and wiring, new charger, battery and keys. Everything was identical to the existing fittings, even to the extent that the new keys worked with the old holder. So all components are identical to the original and interchangeable. I am referring of course to my Halford's Carrera Crossfire ebike.
That's really very helpful thank you. The only reason I had doubts was that their quoted dimension for the length of the item (362mm) appears to be incorrect - my battery appears identical with round 5 pin charger etc, but the holder is longer at about 405mm. I'm not too concerned about the holder if their battery fits in to mine, but from what you say it sounds like they've just got that dimension wrong in their photo.

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
That's really very helpful thank you. The only reason I had doubts was that their quoted dimension for the length of the item (362mm) appears to be incorrect - my battery appears identical with round 5 pin charger etc, but the holder is longer at about 405mm. I'm not too concerned about the holder if their battery fits in to mine, but from what you say it sounds like they've just got that dimension wrong in their photo.
It's more likely because the older-style Crossfire has its controller built into the end-cap, which makes it longer. The standard SF-06 arrangement (as my e-bike uses) has the controller in the motor, so that end-cap is empty and shorter (as Yose show). The battery itself and the lock/top cap is the same dimension though.

The photos Chibueve posted shows the difference between the old and newer Crossfire (and other makes) batteries, changed by Halfords in 2019.

Last time I checked, Phylion have now deleted the old SF-06 from their product listing, so if you need an older-style replacement battery, those on ebay may be the last of them.

Last edited:

Harrie

Oct 23, 2020
The Crossfire doesn't carry out any special hand shaking so it should be ok.
Others have have replaced the Suntour TSBB & controller with other electronics and continue to use the existing battery.
Hi what is meant by TSBB, thanks.?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
A TS BB is an electronic BB and wires to a specific controller type with the logarithm and firmware to operate as so.
Though techy forum users a broad have hacked the software of normal KT controllers now to provide OSF to use them.

Chibueve

Apr 17, 2020
the Suntour controller (in my ebike, Raleigh Talus) though is inside the downtube frame. Seems a bit of challenge to replace given the tight fitting

Advertisers