Carrera Crossfire-E bike Hub drag

Richard10666

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 9, 2018
Drilling a hole in the hub may be good idea for greasing but best done worth hub open as you wouldn't want any pieces of swarf/filings in the hub to cause damage later down the line..
When I get a new hub I always open it and add grease if needed and screw it up just tight enough so I know it will come apart in the future when bearings/servicing may be required.
The Bafang/8funs & Yose are easy and with face plate mounting and only require 6 screws to remove.
Drilling a hole in the hub may be good idea for greasing but best done worth hub open as you wouldn't want any pieces of swarf/filings in the hub to cause damage later down the line..
When I get a new hub I always open it and add grease if needed and screw it up just tight enough so I know it will come apart in the future when bearings/servicing may be required.
The Bafang/8funs & Yose are easy and with face plate mounting and only require 6 screws to remove.
Hi
Just seen your reply, Yes you are right about pulling the cover off befor drilling the hole in the hub,
Not sure how much crap went into the hub , I did used a vacuum when drilling as well,
Just me cutting corners,
At present all ok ,and at 18.st the little motor need some help.
All the best

Advertisers