Help! Carrera Crossfire E need to go faster

Russ from Luton

Just Joined
Aug 10, 2019
Luton Bedfordshire
I am very new to e-bikes.
and I own a Carrera crossfire-e which I would like to go faster.
here's a little bit of my background on what I have been doing with electric scooters.

I have rebuilt a couple of 48v & 60v electric scooters with a top speed of 30 mph & a Razor MX350 electric motorbike I changed from 24 volts to 36 volts i changed the speed controller and the throttle & changed the rear sprocket & drive sprocket and it went 28 mph
Anyway my Carrera crossfire-e has a 4 button switch But not the side button like some others I've seen
Mine has the plus and minus button the B button and the I button.

I would love my Carrera to do 30mph
laugh out loud
I don't mind buying whatever I need to make it go faster.
I am hearing of a device called speedbox would that work on my Carrera Crossfire e.
any help would be very much appreciated.

Last edited:

Amoto65

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 2, 2017
Cheshire
Plenty of threads about the Crossfire on the site and the upshot is it cant be made to go any faster unless you change the whole system.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I am very new to e-bikes.
and I own a Carrera crossfire-e which I would like to go faster.
here's a little bit of my background on what I have been doing with electric scooters.

I have rebuilt a couple of 48v & 60v electric scooters with a top speed of 30 mph & a Razor MX350 electric motorbike I changed from 24 volts to 36 volts i changed the speed controller and the throttle & changed the rear sprocket & drive sprocket and it went 28 mph
Anyway my Carrera crossfire-e has a 4 button switch But not the side button like some others I've seen
Mine has the plus and minus button the B button and the I button.

I would love my Carrera to do 30mph
laugh out loud
I don't mind buying whatever I need to make it go faster.
I am hearing of a device called speedbox would that work on my Carrera Crossfire e.
any help would be very much appreciated.
Speedbox or any other type of dongle aren't for hub drive use, they are for OEM mid motor drives .
Hub drive restriction is down to LCD settings or if not adjustable is down to set controller software.