Carrera Crossfire e speed controller photos

Russ from Luton

Just Joined
Aug 10, 2019
Luton Bedfordshire
here's a photo of my Carrera Crossfire e speed controller which is located at the bottom of the battery compartment I am wanting to know how to derestrict my Carrera Crossfire e can I just change the speed controller .
will it be as simple as that or is it best to get the plastic off the PCB board and learn how to change things on it so it don't get errors

Attachments

anon4

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 9, 2017
GB
here's a photo of my Carrera Crossfire e speed controller which is located at the bottom of the battery compartment I am wanting to know how to derestrict my Carrera Crossfire e can I just change the speed controller .
will it be as simple as that or is it best to get the plastic off the PCB board and learn how to change things on it so it don't get errors
Change the controller, display and pedal sensor

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
You can't hack the Suntour system.
If needing more speed find some hills to go down or do as Anon has said, he knows because that is what he has done.

Reactions: anon4

anon4

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 9, 2017
GB
Yes and beware it's a dark path riddled with problems if you don't know what you're doing. I'm convinced I damaged the motor or something as I am plagued by faults. That said the original controller change was quite mild mannered and worked pretty well, the real problems started when I got a higher voltage battery for more speed. From blown controllers to misbehaving motors I've had it all lately. If you're a better solderer/crimper than me you may be fine though as I suck haha

Advertisers