Carrera Subway 1 conversion 500w bafang which battery

D

Deleted member 4366

A lot of people tried it at The Cycle Show. I don't rememner anybody saying it was too small for them. There's plenty of room on it. Don't forget that it has 27.5" wheels, which adds to the size of the frame. I can't see it being a problem for someone that tall. I guess he'd have to try it to be sure. The guy that won the World Championships on it was about 6'2". It didn't look small on him. The same with my neighbour, Saneagle. He's well over 6 ft too.

Waynejoseph79

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 15, 2015
Wales
hi all.
I'd just like to finish this tread by saying thanks to all who advised me. I ended up going for a new claud butler and bought the OXYdrive coversion kit as it dropped by £200. Reading the reviews I'm sure its gonna do all I need whilst staying legal. 've placed the order so no going back now.!

I went off crank drives when I heard about snapping of chains etc which I can really do without on the way to work.
I'll post a review of things once Ive fitted and trailed it for a few weeks.

Thanks again to all.

D

Deleted member 4366

Which one did you get?

Are you still going to fit it to a Carera Subway?

It might be a good idea to order a torque arm from Cyclezee or his Ebay listing. Another thing that might be useful is a crank-puller, which you can get from Ebay for about £3. You might not need it, but it might make fitting the magnet disc easier.

Waynejoseph79

Jun 15, 2015
Wales
13ah rear hub oxydrive kit on 26" wheel ( they dont offer 27.5 kits). Im putting it on a new claud butler as my old bike was a claud and has done me proud. It seems all the newer bikes like the carrera 's are 27.5 wheels. So i figure i'd stick with what I know and I can strip the old bike for any spares I need.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
I went off crank drives when I heard about snapping of chains etc which I can really do without on the way to work.
where did you hear snapping of chains?

Waynejoseph79

Jun 15, 2015
Wales
youtube mostly. inexperienced riders snapping chains and wearing out drive trains. I would be one of those me thinks........
I might try a mid drive on my off roader . maybe go for a 500watt. but for now with finances i hope ive made the right choice.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
you have made a good choice, don't worry about that.
About broken chains, they usually have nothing to do with the motors, you need a lot more power to brake a good chain than a 750W motor.

Waynejoseph79

Jun 15, 2015
Wales
Hi there. Just thought id update this thread.Thanks to all.
My oxydrive kit arrived and ive fitted it to my old battered bike as the new one i ordered still hasnt arrived and i couldnt wait.
Rode it for the first time this morning and couldnt stop smiling all the way to work.
Very smooth. Easy to fit. Easy to use and more than fast enough to get me up those welsh mountains. I really didnt think 250 watts would be enough but this kit is awesome. Granted ive got nothing to compare it with as its the only ebike ive ridden but it does not disapoint.

Well done OXY drive.. 1 very happy customer!

D

Deleted member 4366

Don't forget to use the three power settings as well as the six speed levels in the display.

Waynejoseph79

Jun 15, 2015
Wales
yeah ive set max speed and acceleration to max. its fab. For a guy who grew up in the fens I just cant cope with the mountains up here.Now I don't need to. Worth every penny.