Carrera Subway charger

Marcxc

Just Joined
Apr 16, 2020
Good morning everyone,

I have a carrera subway ebike and I plugged the charger into it last night and when I come to take it off today one of the delicate pins has snapped :(

it’s a really fiddly charger anyway, has been since day one where you have to pushthe 3 pins in and then screw the head of the charger into the socket....such a daft system when there’s others more simple out there.
Anyway, no matter how hard I look I can’t find a replacement charger that will fit, can someone please help?

I’ll attach a picture of it so you can see. The 3 pin ones I’ve seen online are all 18mm which is more than twice the size of this so aren’t any good. It’s about 7mm across the charger head.

Attachments

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
It seems a lot of people have been complaining about that silly/fragile connector on the new Carreras. You might try asking Powatechnic (Sheffield or on ebay), or else you're probably stuck with Halfords, seeing as (I think) this connector is probably unique to them.

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
Looks like the battery socket isn't fairing too well either. Halfrauds will prob. want around £90 for a new charger with the same issue. One solution would be to replace both ends with a suitable connector, but this would mean opening the battery case. This may seem a bit drastic, but sometimes necessary to resolve an issue. I think it was georgehenry on here who had to do similar repair a while back on his Yamaha charger/battery for the same reason.

Last edited:

Denco1

Just Joined
May 14, 2020
Halfords now supply a new charger which uses the connector block to charge, rather than the 3 pin port.