Carrera Subway E kickstand

LaserBee

Just Joined
Jun 11, 2020
Just picked up my Carrera Subway about ten minutes ago, and so now I'm sitting on the internet waiting for it to charge....

I do want a kickstand for it. Can anyone recommend one that will fit? The Halfords guy says that the ones that clip onright at the bottom of the frame won't work because of the wires being in the way...

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
I've always found the ones that are clipped onto the backstay most effective, especially with loaded panniers.
Some reach up to the seatstay as well which helps ensure they can be fixed firmly without rotating and without too much pressure needed on the fixings (possibly damaging the stay).

For example:
(I haven't tried one of those so read the reviews carefully, and have a good look at the bike to make sure there are no impediments to fitting it, but that is the type I mean).

LaserBee

Just Joined
Jun 11, 2020
Ah, that looks like it would do the trick! I'll do a bit of research, especially now that I know terms like "backstay" and "seatstay". :D

Bibbleq

Just Joined
Jun 18, 2020
Just got a subway-e for my partner, find the frame to be very compressed. Had found the same kick stand that was recomended here (the Diaocare one). Curious what you went for in the end and if it worked okay? (Also did you solve your lock issue?!)

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
  • Informative
Reactions: Lakester

Bibbleq

Just Joined
Jun 18, 2020
Hasnt this bike got pre driller holes for a kickstand on the rear chainstay near the disk brake caliper? If so, something like this (if the holes line up) might be more robust
Thanks, after some investigations yes it has the holes but at 40mm rather than 18mm (Got thrown off by the link you posted looking too small :) )

This is what I went for (in silver) https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00FFYY8WM and it fits really well.36408

Reactions: Steve 142

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
That looks great, colour matched too, nice

FxFocus

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 5, 2020
Just picked up my Carrera Subway about ten minutes ago, and so now I'm sitting on the internet waiting for it to charge....

I do want a kickstand for it. Can anyone recommend one that will fit? The Halfords guy says that the ones that clip onright at the bottom of the frame won't work because of the wires being in the way...
This is what I fitted to my Subway. Bit fiddly to get the screws in but once done has not come loose and works well.

Reactions: carefulben