Carrera Subway E Yosepower battery?

Calzie99

Just Joined
May 25, 2021
Hi all,

apologies if this is a supernewbie post!

I have a carrera subway e from halfords. The battery is dead because the lipos let me down over winter. Can I use a yosepower 36v 20Ahbattery and wire it into the positive/negative terminals on the bikes controller?

Is there anything that’ll stop this working as I see it in my head?

Any advice that isn’t “spend £385 on a battery from halfords” would be greatly appreciated!
Cheers!

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
I'm pretty sure that you can. To be sure, you have to look at how many wires are connectd between the battery terminals and controller. If it's 2, you're good. Any more means no.

Calzie99

Just Joined
May 25, 2021
I'm pretty sure that you can. To be sure, you have to look at how many wires are connectd between the battery terminals and controller. If it's 2, you're good. Any more means no.
Thanks for the vote of confidence! There are 5 pins on the battery and mount, 2 for positive/negative, but the other 3 seem to have something to do with the original battery and it’s charger? I can’t remember why, but I’ve been lead to believe that there’s no handshaking between the battery and the controller, but there is between the battery and charger- so hopefully it just works!

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If lipo's have been used to power the bike without issue then yes, wire up and use any generic battery. If the original battery and charger used possible comm's to charge then as you have done so with the lipo's use an alternative correct charger/charging method.

Advertisers