Carrera vengeance derestricting

Jsxx

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 21, 2018
bolton
Hi. Managed to get photos of the controller... Can the speed limit be removed?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

• Useful
Reactions: LeighPing

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Probable answer is no looking at your pics.
If it has or had an lcd handle bar display then it may be possible via the basic parameters.

D

Deleted member 4366

You need to chuck the controller, buy a new one and mount it somewhere else on the bike, like in an under-saddle tool bag, then run the wires from the battery up to it. That will give you the option of a throttle too.

Jsxx

Feb 21, 2018
bolton
Which controller /LCD kit would work with my motor and battery?

Jsxx

Feb 21, 2018
bolton
Does anyone know what are these loose connectors?

Jsxx

Feb 21, 2018
bolton
We need to see all the connectors.
More photos

So could it be delimited.... Or would it be possible to change just the controller (if that's the speed limiting part) for different one that will work with motor and led display?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4366

I've never done it, but it should be possible to reprogram the speed using some special Santroll software that I have. You need to make or buy a TTL lead to connect to your PC. I helped a guy to release the speed limit on his bike that had a Santroll controller. If you think you're up to that sort of thing, I'll point you at the software.
Edit: I just checked our communications. He didn't confirm that he got as far as reprogramming because his TTL lead would work. Last he said was that he would try a Bafang lead because it has the correct connections.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jsxx

Feb 21, 2018
bolton
I can try... What if something go wrong will it damage it?

Jsxx

Feb 21, 2018
bolton
And where are the pins? I'll inside is full of silicone so cannot get in there

D

Deleted member 4366

And where are the pins? I'll inside is full of silicone so cannot get in there

It's done through the LCD connector, which has data cables in it.

D

Deleted member 4366

Sorry, I was thinking of the Vulcan. In that case it might be easier to change the controller. There's not much space in there, so you'd probably need to fit one externally - maybe in a triangle bag just above the bottom of the battery.

Jsxx

Feb 21, 2018
bolton
Thanks but which one would work with existing led 790 and motor connections etc? I'm not bothered about watts just the speed limit

D

Deleted member 4366

You need to show us what connectors you have on the controller.

Jsxx

Feb 21, 2018
bolton
The only connector is in above photos... Wires are soldered and covered with silicone on the controller itself

D

Deleted member 4366

In that case you need the motor extension cable to go with a replacement controller or you cut and solder the motor wires. You can buy a throttle, PAS, speed sensor, LCD and throttle with the controller from PSWPower, so all the other connectors will fit. You don't really need brake sensors, but if you want them, there are a few options.

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
Looking at the size of the hole in your frame tube I think there are some connectors in there somewhere. It's pretty unusual to see motor, pas and displays hard wired into a controller. If there is no connector on your LED display between it and where it enters the frame, there must be a connector in the frame.

Jsxx

Feb 21, 2018
bolton
Just said that from controller to motor there is one plug which is on the photo above with loads of pins. I do have other connectors for pas brakes etc

Jsxx

Feb 21, 2018
bolton
In that case you need the motor extension cable to go with a replacement controller or you cut and solder the motor wires. You can buy a throttle, PAS, speed sensor, LCD and throttle with the controller from PSWPower, so all the other connectors will fit. You don't really need brake sensors, but if you want them, there are a few options.
Hi. Would you be able post some link to controller kit that would fit my bike....?

Advertisers