Carrera vengeance derestricting

D

Deleted member 4366

It depends what you mean by fit. As I said, your motor connector is a standard 9-pin and your battery will have two wires. Any controller should work with that, and you can mount it how you want and where you want, but you will have to do some wiring.

Nobody has done it yet. Until somebody does, we're in the realm of the unknown.

Gaurav Suri

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 27, 2018
I think before buying a new controller you should
I've never done it, but it should be possible to reprogram the speed using some special Santroll software that I have. You need to make or buy a TTL lead to connect to your PC. I helped a guy to release the speed limit on his bike that had a Santroll controller. If you think you're up to that sort of thing, I'll point you at the software.
Edit: I just checked our communications. He didn't confirm that he got as far as reprogramming because his TTL lead would work. Last he said was that he would try a Bafang lead because it has the correct connections.
I think before buying a new controller you should give it a go on reprogramming you existing controller.

LowSpecChaos

Just Joined
Oct 30, 2018
You will only get 18mph out of the 42V battery you need to make a 16V booster pack 4S 4P to get you to 58V then buy any 48v/58v around 500W china controller. will get you to about, 26-28mph i know the wiring for the SR sun tour motor.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Only if you replace the electronics.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If you were an electronic geek you may be able to but probably will need the Suntour programming file which isn't open source stuff.

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
stick this on it ;) but tbh id sell the bike and find something more easy to remove the speed limit as you wont get much more out of it anyway.

• Agree
Reactions: LeighPing

Advertisers