Carrera Vengeance-E 2.0 Display Turning Off

ashman30

Just Joined
May 12, 2021
Hi everyone

I'm new to this forum. I've joined because I've now owned a Carrera Vengeance-E 2.0 for about two months, and I've started to notice a few niggles. The main thing is that from time to time, probably about 1-3 times in a 2 hour ride, the display turns itself off completely, although the bike seems still to be powered. Pressing the orange 'off' button on the display recovers it, but I'm not sure that it comes back on in the right mode. To get full confidence that everything is working as it should, I have to stop, turn the system off with the orange button, then turn the whole system on again using the power button on the battery.

I've also begun to suspect that it is changing mode without my input, although I'm less sure of this. I am chugging along in Eco, I look down and the display says Sport. I'm 95% sure I haven't touched it, but it's making me doubt myself.

Has anyone else seen either of these 'features?' Am I doing something stupid?

Many thanks to all.

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
If yours is one with a removable display, it'd be worth making sure the contacts are super-clean and the display sits firmly in its bracket. Beyond that, your bike is new and under warranty - I'd take it back to Halfords.

ashman30

Just Joined
May 12, 2021
Thanks for your reply cyclebuddy. I will try and check the contacts.

I took it to Halfords for a free 'cycle check', during which they said they wouldn't be able to do anything unless they could observe the problem. They didn't really make much effort to uncover it though - as far as I could see, all they did was put it on a stand and spin the wheels a bit. I had to give them quite a hard time, even for them to agree to book it in for a proper look.

I also told them it needed indexing, but they told me it didn't. When I took it home I found it wouldn't shift into the top gear. I watched a video online and ended up doing this bit myself. I am therefore not overflowing with confidence, and preparing myself for a long and painful experience to get this resolved.

If anyone else has seen a similar problem with their display, please do let me know.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The store's knowledge is hit and miss depending where you live, but honestly how they keep in business one just doesn't know.

Advertisers