Carrera Vengeance E - Battery Manufacturer

Verdank

Just Joined
May 17, 2022
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone could direct me to the manufacturer of the Carerra Vengeance E Battery? I know it's a Halford exclusive bike, however I'm currently having some trouble with the battery and Halfords are refusing to help.

If anyone could point me in the right direction, that would be brilliant!

Thanks.

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
What's wrong with your battery, and why won't Halfords help?

It depends how old your battery is (they changed in 2018/9). Older ones are Phylion/Joycube, newer ones are STL - check the label on the underside of the battery.

Verdank

Just Joined
May 17, 2022
Hi cyclebuddy,

The battery randomly died last month. The indicator is telling me there is charge and the SoH seems fine, but it's not powering the bike on at all, and when connected to a wall charger all I get is a pinging noise every 3-5 seconds.

There is a similar post but for a battery that is over 2 years old, and no solution other than to completely dismantle and rebuild.

Halfords are refusing to touch it because the is a dent and small crack in the housing, I was told it was "extremely dangerous, could explode or catch fire at any second" and that I had to "retrieve it immediately as it's too dangerous to have in the building". It's had this damage since day 1, never been an issue. Crack isn't even that deep.

I'm hoping the manufacturer could help, but I've also posted on Reddit and I've been told I'm basically screwed. Halfords have told me my only option is buy a brand new one for £490, which I can't spare right now

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
The UK distributor for both battery types is Moore Large here. The manufacturer for the newer batteries is STL-Tech in Taiwan, and older ones is Phylion, China. I suspect neither would be in a position to help.

You could check there's voltage at the output - there may be a simple wiring break or blown fuse, but beyond that you'd need to open it up. Halfords have had the benefit of seeing the battery/damage, and I suspect the advice you've already been given is right. There's a huge amount of stored energy in a battery, and a damaged one can behave unpredictably.

Advertisers