Help! Carrera vengeance E crank sensor fix west yorkshire

Presidential1

Just Joined
Mar 28, 2021
Hi guys just joined up to the site after having done quite a bit of reading. I have an issue on my sons carrera vengeance e bike namely the crank sensor is broken. The chain slipped off and the sensor fell off as a result.

I managed to solder it back on and sealed it however it has totally stopped working now. Halfords are unable to supply a new sensor or even comment when they will become available (chap in store told me people have been waiting 10 months and still no word)

I now have a bike that doesn’t work and a rather upset teenager. Does anyone know of a replacement sensor that will work or even availability of the OE sensor?

I have found a couple of sensors on eBay but they are not correct the one fitted has three wires and a little led.

I’m not really clued on when it comes to these things however surely there must be a work around if a sensor can’t be sourced. If anyone in the West Yorkshire area is able to help I’d happily pay to get this sorted.

Thanks for reading!

Presidential1

Just Joined
Mar 28, 2021
If it's a magnet disc one, you can use any of them, though probably best not to use any with 12 magnets:

The torque sensor is here:
thank you for the response! The current disc has 12 magnets on it what would be the best replacement?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If it uses 12 poles then you should be ok with a new 12 pole one, some give trouble so 8 or 10 poles are usually better. As yours is a std 3 wire job any 3 wire job will work as long as the wire to wire sequence is correct that is Red or Brown 5v, Black for Gnd and the third signal colour can be any other colour as the colour matters not. Some use a Red led some don't, the Red LED is handy as indicates wiring is correct and unit is operational when it blinks.
All you have to make sure is the disc is firm on the BB sq taper or attached to the the chain ring and the gap to the sensor head is about 1mm.

Let us know what you buy and how it performs when connected.