Help! Carrera Vengence Fault lights.

Philip Ebike

Just Joined
Apr 9, 2020
I have bought a used Carrera vengance 2018.
The motor is no longer working and on the selector the light to tell you the setting (Hi,STD,or Eco) is flashing. There are no error codes, just this flashing light.
Has anyone had a similar problem, and if so how did you correct it.
Also when i bought the bike i never got a manual. Does anyone know where to find one on line.
Thanks for your help.
Philip.

Reactions: artspeck

artspeck

Pedelecer
Nov 21, 2016
Sunderland
The motor is no longer working and on the selector the light to tell you the setting (Hi,STD,or Eco) is flashing. There are no error codes, just this flashing light.
Also when i bought the bike i never got a manual. Does anyone know where to find one on line.
Thanks for your help.
Philip.
A search online gives a link, but a credit card is needed, so that a definite NO NO. I would try a branch of Halfords as they sell these.

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
Thanks for your help.
Philip.
Always check the battery for correct voltage first, with a reasonable volt or multi meter. Secondhand bikes have IMHO, a habit of having a defective battery.....
The green LED usually means fully charged, but on 2nd hand bikes, often, battery defective!
Let us all know the voltage you measure and the nominal voltage of the battery.
Nominal voltages are possibly 24, 36, or 48 volts generally.
regards
Andy