Carrera vulcan

Kilo

Just Joined
Mar 26, 2020
I have recently purchased a Carrera Vulcan which was faulty.
I discovered that the pedal assist was not working and there was an error code e00.
I addressed the code first which turned out to be the 0v connector on the battery which was damaged.
Luckily there is an unused terminal on the connection block and I resoldered the 0v to that.
This also meant I had to change the other connection on the controller to match the terminals up.
This worked a treat : ). Error disappeared.
Next was the pedal assist. This is only determined by the torque sensor on the crank I have posted some videos on YouTube to show exactly what I did. Basically there was water ingress into the sensor block .
I removed the latex from the circuit board and cleaned it with some electrical contact cleaner and a cotton wool bud .
I reassembled the unit And fitted it on to the crank again , I powered it all up and BOOM worked first time , I now have a fully functional ebike which only cost me £135 sold as spares repair.
I called SR suntour and spoke to their engineer who was great I've also got the part number for the torque sensor which is still available through Kcycles Eastham Wirral done special order price TBC.
As I get some more information I will post availability and prices for you to get it Direct , there is no need to bin your vulcan ebike when it is easily repairable. I hope this has been helpful guys

Reactions: Amoto65